1. Joined
    18 Oct '11
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 17:18
    Game id 10343864. I was only able to find out that my opponent was waiting for my move after I entered a move on another game.

jmonterog

Game 10343864
  2. In your face
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 00:58
    Originally posted by jmonterog
    Game id 10343864. I was only able to find out that my opponent was waiting for my move after I entered a move on another game.

jmonterog

Game 10343864
    Clear cache perhaps?
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 01:06
    Originally posted by jmonterog

jmonterog

Game 10343864
    The email system clogs up occasionally and the notifications can take half an hour to get through. If you're playing 1/0 games it's a good idea to check MyGames twice a day.

P.S. Just been admiring your rating graph. Pity about the provisional bumps at the beginning.
  4. Joined
    18 Oct '11
    Moves
    01 Dec '13 18:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The email system clogs up occasionally and the notifications can take half an hour to get through. If you're playing 1/0 games it's a good idea to check MyGames twice a day.

P.S. Just been admiring your rating graph. Pity about the provisional bumps at the beginning.
    After my initial post, one e-mail came through. Since then, the "only way" (several moves now) I was able to find out that my opponent had move was the notice of another "wating game" while responding in another game. I will continue to check "my games." (I've corresponded with the server but have not gotten a response yet)

jmonterog

Thanks
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 06:582 edits
    It's possible that your opponent doesn't use the email notifications option, very few of us do.

If you're using Firefox, there's a greasemonkey script which shows "x games waiting" no matter what web page you're looking at. I believe the script may also work with tampermonkey in Chrome.
  6. Joined
    18 Oct '11
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 20:57
    Thanks, I'll check it out. The game is almost over by now. I'gotten used to checking "my games," or simple "going to the next games."
  7. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 17:56
    Interestingly, I was once getting so many move notification emails clogging up my Inbox (now turned off via RHP settings) that I got a message from my IP (AoL) saying they were automatically disabling them. Does make me wonder if the reminder is really necessary - isn't it simpler to check via the 'My Games' button?

FW
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 21:57
    So long as you're on any RHP page, the knight in the coloured bar shows a number whenever there is any game waiting, and if you have your "after move preference" set to MyGames you'll see all your waiting games every time you move. I wouldn't ever rely on the email system to watch the clock for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree