1. Standard memberjameswoodley
    I Never Lie!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '04 21:50
    On the open invites when people say no provsionals, provisonals accepets the challenges and it gets people really anygry and myself so redhotpawn should do something about that or they should get ride of provsionals!!!!!😠
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    19 Jun '04 22:14
    This is a long time problem,check out the thread''Sorry to raise this one again.......'' on page six in the general forum...........
  3. Joined
    11 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Jun '04 22:31
    I am provisional right now and I think it shows disrespect when a provisionally rated person accepts a game that asks for no provisionally rated players.

I don't understand why they accept them. But just so you all know, I have more respect and won't accept any game that asks for no p players.

regards
    ThEaMeRiCaN
  4. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    19 Jun '04 22:33
    i agree
  5. Zeist, Holland
    Moves
    20 Jun '04 07:35
    You cannot get rid of provisional ratings. They are there for the reason that all players start at 1200, and if you are very good, you have to get to a high rating quickly.
    The problem lies indeed with the open invites, so please check there.
  6. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    20 Jun '04 08:21
    How about just adding extra options (such as no provisinals) to the create game page? Seems like that would solve the problem.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Jun '04 11:471 edit
    Originally posted by saintnick
    How about just adding extra options (such as no provisinals) to the create game page? Seems like that would solve the problem.
    This is in the next release. (Available in the next few hours, with luck πŸ™‚)

By creating an open invite game limited to a rating range you are effectively blocking provisional players - as their true rating is not yet known.

-Russ
  8. Joined
    06 Aug '03
    Moves
    20 Jun '04 15:22
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is in the next release. (Available in the next few hours, with luck πŸ™‚)

By creating an open invite game limited to a rating range you are effectively blocking provisional players - as their true rating is not yet known.

-Russ
    Just made the first ever open invite with your new limits πŸ™‚

Just out of curiosity does it apply to current rating or the haighest n 30 days rating used for tournaments?
  9. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 16:43
    Originally posted by Simonm
    Just made the first ever open invite with your new limits πŸ™‚

Just out of curiosity does it apply to current rating or the haighest n 30 days rating used for tournaments?
    current rating

tlai1992
  10. Behind you...
    Moves
    22 Jul '04 18:13
    We can ride provisionals now? Darnit, I miss everything!!!! 😞

-Kev

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree