1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 09:14
    Originally posted by Exy
    I thought the 3600 referred to the page number and there are 20 people per page which accounts for the 60,000 users mentioned on the home page of the site. What's worring is that of that 60,000 - many thousands are no doubt inactive - Russ has admitted that less that 2000 are actually paying members.
    That figure on the homepage is pure marketing. It is not a lie, that many people have signed up, but of course, many are inactive. But people do come back after huge breaks.

-Russ
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 11:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    One gold star award to Mr Thire for his efforts. 🙂 I should put an affiliate scheme in place so you could benefit from your actions.

-Russ
    Thank you Russ (for the golden star 😀 ) I try to be a little helper to RHP: tell everyone about this site and discuss ideas in this forum.

...so another idea:
    As there are stars with wings you could develop another thing here: add something (or change the color or whatever) for the number of players this player invited and how much of them got their pawnstar. This would make it (perhaps) interesting for people to invite more (potential subscribers) friends (kind of -"look at me, my pawnstar is deep red..." -"WOW..." 😉 )

-Thomas
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 11:44
    Originally posted by zucchini
    ... Content search functions are very nice.
    yes, it would be cool to be able to search for keywords and not just for authors in the forums (perhaps google is a (mid) good solution?)!
    th
  4. Joined
    23 May '04
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 13:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    [Responsiveness] is always our biggest enemy ...
    I guessed that there is not much that can be done (about responsiveness) without considerable investment.

There is always the problem of what to improve and how to get more customers -- a chicken and egg problem.

One of my points, though not stated directly, is that rather than us (this RHP community) asking you for improvements, you (RHP) can ask us to help broaden the community. A simple message to each player may help find more subscribers.

I think it may be easier for improvements to follow.
  5. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    09 Jul '04 14:15
    A problem that my better half pointed out that is from her workplace, she is not permitted to use RHP in any of its guises.

This is apparently because of the adverts she sees as a non-subscriber: something about her workplace's internet security policy and a mistrust of advert banners that (apparently) may contain nasty html or whatever. At leat, that is what she was told.

For a seperate (old) thread, school users have problems too, one of which is caused by the use of the word "game". Apparently, any link to something called 'game' on the site puts the entire site onto a no-no with the schools system. Perhaps ChessAtWork could specifically avoid such references? (or even ChessAtSchool: RHP skinned to appear to be an educational site, as we all know it is...)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree