1. Joined
    25 Jan '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 12:26
    Why is it that with some players the green button does not show even though they have moved within the last 10 minutes? danger Dave
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 12:44
    Originally posted by danger dave
    Why is it that with some players the green button does not show even though they have moved within the last 10 minutes? danger Dave
    FAQ
  3. Joined
    25 Jan '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '10 19:51
    Sorry, I didn't realise it could be turned off. Why hide that you are active?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 01:46
    Any number of reasons. It cuts down the number of challenges you get from new starters, for one.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 05:51
    Why show that you are active? Why is it "hiding?" Isn't "privacy" enough of a reason? How about personal choice? I used to have my active button on. I turned it off. I don't feel any differently at the moment.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 08:49
    Originally posted by coquette
    Why show that you are active? Why is it "hiding?" Isn't "privacy" enough of a reason? How about personal choice? I used to have my active button on. I turned it off. I don't feel any differently at the moment.
    When I see someone's green dot, I rather play against him rather than anyone else who is 'hiding'. Because then the chance of getting a move back is higher.

At job, though, I rather hide, than showing I play chess during office hours. My boss perhaps also play at RHP and discover my interest.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Apr '10 13:13
    You hit the nail on the head, it only shows you have been active in the last 10 minutes, not necessarily that you are online.

You may have spotted a green dotter who made their last move 9 minutes ago and then went offline.

How long do you then wait for them to move again?

The green dot is superfluous and an unnecessary addition to the site.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 03:26
    I was going to ask what the hell that dot was in the first place, what an ugly colour.
  9. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 06:35
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I was going to ask what the hell that dot was in the first place, what an ugly colour.
    Thank you for your contribution🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree