1. In dreams
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 00:36
    Perhaps I`m doing something wrong, but so far I have not been able to castle, - left or right. I have checked neither of the pieces involved have ever moved during the game, I am not castling out of check, I am not castling into check, I am not castling through check.My opponent castles, but come my turn, it won`t let me do it. Any suggestions please? 😳
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 00:591 edit
    how do you castle? I sugget you move the King 2 (or 3) squares?
    Right...
    for more info see http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=castling
    th

ps (edit): perhaps you can tell us the gameid so that someone here in the forum can chack where the mistake could be... (it should work very well: the RHP-code is perfect!)
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 01:25
    Originally posted by Unicorn
    Perhaps I`m doing something wrong, but so far I have not been able to castle, - left or right. I have checked neither of the pieces involved have ever moved during the game, I am not castling out of check, I am not castling into check, I am not castling through check.My opponent castles, but come my turn, it won`t let me do it. Any suggestions please? 😳
    What is the game ID number?
  4. In dreams
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 01:49
    Re Castling: Game ID 381669 with Grayswandir. Around move 14 they castled, and around move 25 I wanted to, but could not. Again around move 27 I tried to castle the other way and could not. Thanks for help. I moved the king 2 spaces toward the castle and attempted to place the castle the other side of the king.Many thanks Unicorn
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 02:172 edits
    Originally posted by Unicorn
    Re Castling: Game ID 381669 with Grayswandir. Around move 14 they castled, and around move 25 I wanted to, but could not. Again around move 27 I tried to castle the other way and could not. Thanks for help. I moved the king 2 spaces toward ...[text shortened]... to place the castle the other side of the king.Many thanks Unicorn
    Right. Move the King the two squares FIRST in the direction of the castle. Do not try to move the rook. It will have moved automatically after you click move and the page refreshes.

Skeeter
  6. In dreams
    Moves
    04 Feb '04 02:36
    Re Castling. WOW! Thank you so much. I moved the king first, but then tried to move the castle, and it just put me back where I started. So now, next game I have to take a `leap of faith` - move the king, then press `move` - and trust it will do the rest. I am sure it will. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree