Originally posted by no1marauder
I can't figure out how to get the list of moves from the site to my ChessbaseLight program so it can help me analyze my more disastrous defeats. What do I cut and paste to and how the hell do I do it? Could someone give me step by step instruction? And please talk as if I have absolutely no idea of what I'm doing because I don't!
1. Do you know how to do the following: ?
Use a basic text editor program such as notepad.
Create a blank text document using that program.
Rename a file after you have created it, such as changing the name of a file from "sample.txt" to "sample.pgn".
Use "cut and paste" or "copy and paste".
Create storage folders and move files from one place to another using "drag and drop".
If you can do all of the above, here's what to do next:
1. Create a new folder on your desktop called RHP Games, or whatever else you want to call it. This is where you will keep all the games you save for analysis.
2. Within that folder create and save a blank text file using notepad. Save it as 'blank.txt"
3. Create a shortcut to your chessbaselite program in this folder.
Now, once all that is done, you should have a new folder with two files in it, one a shortcut, and one a blank text file.
Next step is to go back to RHP and locate the game you want to save, either in your archives or on your games page.
1. Open the game history and click on 'get PGN of game'. This should show you a text page of the game that includes each numbered move.
2. Use the mouse to highlight the entire game. Then right click on this and copy it. This will copy it onto your clipboard.
3. Now exit and go back to the new folder you made earlier. Go into the folder and open the blank text file.
4. You should see a blank page. Right click on it and paste. This should put the text of the game onto the page.
5. At the top of the page, click file, then save as... Save the file as 'newname.pgn'. Before actually saving it, make sure it will save it into your new folder.
If all went well you should now have three files in your new folder, the shortcut, the blank.txt file, and your newname.pgn. You can rename them to whatever you like.
Now you should be able to double-click the PGN file and see the game, or drag and drop it onto your shortcut to get it going.
Hope that helps... (and works)