1. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 01:32
    I have some questions I would like to ask in the chess forums about a particular opening and some particular lines. I basically want to listen the ideas of strong CC players in RHP: some strategies and main plans for both sides etc...

However, the problem is that I have games going on currently regarding those openings and I believe most of my games in the future will be this particular opening.

To summarise: If I ask for help and ideas for strategies for a certain opening is this considered in the rules even though I still have (and maybe always will have) games which these lines are involved?
  2. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 03:12
    Originally posted by kenan
    I have some questions I would like to ask in the chess forums about a particular opening and some particular lines. I basically want to listen the ideas of strong CC players in RHP: some strategies and main plans for both sides etc...

However, the problem is that I have games going on currently regarding those openings and I believe most of my games in the ...[text shortened]... ules even though I still have (and maybe always will have) games which these lines are involved?
    That is a toughy Kenan but as regards future games I can't see any problem. We all enter new games armed with knowledge we've previously gathered. I think, as long as you avoid deliberately asking questions on positions you're about to move in, you'll be fine. You can use databases for opening's here anyway so reading a discussion on an opening similar to one you're currently playing surely can't be a problem. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
  3. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 07:46
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    That is a toughy Kenan but as regards future games I can't see any problem. We all enter new games armed with knowledge we've previously gathered. I think, as long as you avoid deliberately asking questions on positions you're about to move in, you'll be fine. You can use databases for opening's here anyway so reading a discussion on an opening similar to ...[text shortened]... ntly playing surely can't be a problem. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
    Thanks for your answer.

The questions I want to ask is about French defense and currently in progress but well after opening. I found myself on the passive and almost helpless *in a book position* and I am wondering what should I have done.

I really need help from stronger players because just looking at databases you don't really understand "the grand plan". I want to learn good strategies and good plans (and bad plans and bad moves to avoid) in French Defence (in Winawer especially).

Maybe I should wait that particular game come to an end.
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 11:43
    Originally posted by kenan
    ... The questions I want to ask is about French defense and currently in progress but well after opening...
    If you have a game in progress but it is past the position you are asking about then I believe it is ok to ask the question.

If however you are asking a question which will help you decide what move to make in a current game, then you can be in trouble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree