1. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 01:00
    another move timeout suggestion.....what if, during major holidays, move timeouts were disallowed. I realized that many of my opponents are on vacation due to the 4th of july(independence day) in america. What if the day before, the day of, and the day after some major holidays which russ can choose, timebanks and timeouts stop running. This way people dont hafta scramble to find a computer when they should be relaxing on a holiday!
    any thoughts
    -todd-
  2. Sanremo
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 08:07
    Ok... but then he has to do it for all. I'm italian and 4th of july is not a vacation day for me. For me is 25th of april. For a French would be 14th of july and so on. Would be very difficult to control.
    Cristina
  3. UK
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 11:40
    Originally posted by conticchio
    Ok... but then he has to do it for all. I'm italian and 4th of july is not a vacation day for me. For me is 25th of april. For a French would be 14th of july and so on. Would be very difficult to control.
    Cristina
    Yep. Pretty unworkable methinks. If you have an opponent who is in a different holiday zone, then why would you expect to be allowed extra time?

And I'd quite like my games to carry on as normal over christmas/new year.
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 13:04
    well, I think timebanks are here just for this:
    If you can't move one time within the t/o periode, then you'll have some 14 days or so more. like "he can't time you out while you are on vacation".
    the system is good, very good!
    th
  5. Joined
    19 Oct '03
    Moves
    07 Jul '04 01:04
    i no i didnt mean for independence day....but major holidays...christmas , easter, maybe hanuka and new years

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree