1. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 16:32
    I don't want to receive challenges from this site; a friend challenged me to a game that was fine. But during the game I was challenged by several other players none of whom I knew or was remotely interested in. The challenge page said I could decline these challenge from the "My Games" page; sadly I could find no obvious way to decline them, so I resigned each of these games on move 0 or move 1 instead, undoubtedly screwing up your rating system in the process (my OTB rating is considerably above 2000). That combined with the ridiculous banner adverts, consisting for the main part of screeching emoticons, I can only consider the whole experience a considerable infringement of my privacy.
    Consequently I wish to ensure that I receive no further communication from this site. How do I do this?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 16:47
    Consider it done.

-Russ
  3. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 17:32
    Originally posted by masterimargarita
    I don't want to receive challenges from this site; a friend challenged me to a game that was fine. But during the game I was challenged by several other players none of whom I knew or was remotely interested in. The challenge page said I could decline these challenge from the "My Games" page; sadly I could find no obvious way to decline them, so I ...[text shortened]... y I wish to ensure that I receive no further communication from this site. How do I do this?
    You can decline the games by clicking on the trash can icon--only available for the first few moves.

Better yet, if you go to "My Settings" and set "maximum games" = 0, and then "check" the "buddy privileges enabled" then only the people you add to your buddy list will be able to challenge you. You can add your friend(s) to your buddy list under "My Home", "My Buddies", "Add People to my Buddy List".

I'm not sure about the adverts--I think some browsers can block them. I blocked them by subscribing. 🙂
  4. Earth
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 21:13
    Originally posted by masterimargarita
    I don't want to receive challenges from this site; a friend challenged me to a game that was fine. But during the game I was challenged by several other players none of whom I knew or was remotely interested in. The challenge page said I could decline these challenge from the "My Games" page; sadly I could find no obvious way to decline them, so I ...[text shortened]... y I wish to ensure that I receive no further communication from this site. How do I do this?
    Bye,

PS you can't be much of a Mensa candidate if you couldn't work any of your considerable 'problems' with the site for yourself.
    As for privacy - my tip is not to join an interactive global network based around........interacting! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree