1. Joined
    10 Nov '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 17:581 edit
    everytime i play a game the other person im playing against goes offline or never come back to the game their playing with me. when they do that i want to get rid of the games that are left there but i dont want to resign. How do i get rid of the exsisting games
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 18:521 edit
    How do I delete a game?

FAQ
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:16
    And when your game is over 3 moves:
    FAQ
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '09
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 17:46
    its really annoying but i have to resign
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 19:48
    Originally posted by RyanSpash
    its really annoying but i have to resign
    If you are looking to play games right away with timecontrols like 10 minutes try Blitz chess. Link at the topright of your screen. Those games are unrated.

If you want to play rated games as fast as possible make sure to create and/or accept games with a short timecontrol. For example 1day with 0day timebank.
    That way, when your opponent doesnt move you can time him out the next day.
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 06:55
    Time laggers are a pain. There are a lot of subscriber members that do that to nonsubs because the nonsub has to resign or just be stuck waiting for the clock to run out on each move.

Not every sub member is like that, however. You'll find members that show up for each move and you'll enjoy those games a lot.

Good luck!
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 11:421 edit
    everytime i play a game the other person im playing against goes offline or never come back to the game their playing with me. when they do that i want to get rid of the games that are left there but i dont want to resign. How do i get rid of the exsisting games
    Are you expecting someone to play a complete game in one online session with you, as if they were to sit down and play "over the board"?

If so, then there is the problem.

This is not "live" chess. This site is for correspondence chess, where you have at least one day or longer to make each of your moves. It is normal for a game to last for days, weeks or months.

Players often have numerous different games in progress at the same time and will log on, check their games and make a move in those games where it is their turn, then log off. Their opponents may or may not be on line at that time. Some may check their games several times each day, others may only check once a day or even less frequently.

It is also possible that you and an opponent can play many moves in a short period of time if you are both logged on and playing at the same time, and you may even find someone who will hang around and play a complete game, but you can't count on that.

If an opponent actually abandons one of your games after more than two moves have been completed by each of you, all you can do is patiently wait for them to use up all of their time and their timebank. After that you can claim the win by clicking the "skull" that will show up on your "my games" page.

(EDIT) If they abandon the game and two moves HAVE NOT been completed you can just delete the game on your "my games" page. It will not count as a game and will not change your statistics. (Look for the trash can instead of a skull)

As has been mentioned, if you are looking for "fast" or "live" games you will need to click on the "play blitz" link at the top right corner of the screen. Those are currently fast, unrated games.

I hope this was helpful for you.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '09
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 19:23
    ok thanks for your help guys
  9. Joined
    13 Nov '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 22:47
  10. Joined
    04 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 21:46
    Originally posted by roy hare

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree