1. Standard memberpparrish
    IATMOMPATF!
    I live in my truck
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 22:25
    I am new to RHP and simply want to delete some of my archived games so I only have the games I commented on. Help Please.
  2. London
    Moves
    16 Sep '04 22:43
    You can't delete them. They are part of your - and your opponent's - history. You'll just have to sort your archive page by date of last move.

Maybe you should add "Let me hide games in My Archived Games" to thire's wish list thread.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 09:11
    I have planned to do this for a while, and this is going to happen shortly (some of the work is complete already).

-Russ
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 10:01
    I do not support the idea of hiding games in the archive.
    games are public (private games do not exist anymore, BTW: in the infobox in MyGames "public: Yes", does make no sense anymore) to everybody here, so "hiding" means archiving them from the archive in another subarchive. What for?
    th
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 22:15
    I am adding the option to hide games from the my games/my archives page. Any 'hidden' games will still be searchable via the public games pages.

-Russ
  6. London
    Moves
    17 Sep '04 22:36
    Originally posted by thire
    I do not support the idea of hiding games in the archive.
    games are public (private games do not exist anymore, BTW: in the infobox in MyGames "public: Yes", does make no sense anymore) to everybody here, so "hiding" means archiving them from the archive in another subarchive. What for?
    th
    "My Archives" is just a view on the game database. What a player sees in that view has no impact on what games other people can see; I don't imagine this will ever change.

Many people may want to have three classifications of games: active games, finished games of continuing interest, and finished games of no continuing interest. "My Games" serves the first purpose; they would like "My Archives" to serve the second. Other people, yourself included, I think, export their finished games to a database and can classify them endlessly there. I can see why you don't see any point in another subarchive.

Actually I think the best solution would be to add a 'comment' field and allow sorting on that field. Those who want to forget some games could put 'ZZZ' or similar in the comment and let them fall to the end of the list. Others could put an opening classification code there, or whatever they like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree