1. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 09:12
    How can I prevent my games from timing out when on vacation?
    It is possible to prevent your games timing out by booking a vacation when you are unable to play.
    Select the 'My Settings' >> 'My Vacation Settings' menu. Then follow the on-screen instructions to book vacations.
    A vacation flag will be displayed alongside your user id when you are on vacation.

Yes, thanks, great feature, but how can I cancel booked vacation days?

Last time I booked for two weeks vacation days, but I had to return much faster than expected. So I didn't need the vacation days and wanted to cancel them. Regretfully I could not cancel them and saw them uselessly slipping away. This year I still have to go abroad for about 7 weeks, to some places not very well equipped with modern computers (like the Gobi desert). I might find an opportunity to move my horses (camels will be more appropriate overthere) but that I don't know in advance, I have only 2 weeks left on vacation days here, so I have to handle it carefully. It would be a great help if it is possible to be able cancel booked vacation days. Any suggestions how to do that?
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 09:48
  3. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 22:34
    Thanks, but clicking on the booked days didn't change anything, they remained vacation days.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by souverein
    Thanks, but clicking on the booked days didn't change anything, they remained vacation days.
    You should get a little pop-up message asking you to confirm that you want to delete the vacation day.

Does anything happen when you click one? Also, when you click are there any error messages in the bottom left corner of your internet browser?
  5. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 23:17
    Yes, it did work this time. Wonder why it didn't work last time. Maybe I did something stupid...
    Thanks anyway.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 00:59
    Originally posted by souverein
    [i]How can I prevent my games from timing out when on vacation?
    It is possible to prevent your games timing out by booking a vacation when you are unable to play.
    Select the 'My Settings' >> 'My Vacation Settings' menu. Then follow the on-screen instructions to book vacations.
    A vacation flag will be displayed alongside your user id when you are on vaca ...[text shortened]... if it is possible to be able cancel booked vacation days. Any suggestions how to do that?
    Only start or accept games that are 21/21 or 21/28 from now on will reduce the risk of timeouts dramatically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree