1. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 09:34
    I am sure I used to be able to play the game forwards but I have been unable to do it for a long time now, this has affected my already shaky play.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 10:51
    Originally posted by Red Knight 63
    I am sure I used to be able to play the game forwards but I have been unable to do it for a long time now, this has affected my already shaky play.
    Go to "Analyse Board"; you can do it there. You never could do it on the main board.
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 09:26
    Thank you for your response, but I am still not doing it, as you say it works from the analyze board, I used to do it, but for some reason I cannot do now ? what am I not doing ? I am losing games and getting fed up with it.🙂
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 11:52
    Have you installed a pop-up blocker on your computer?
  5. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 18:46
    No, it is an i pad, I have not asked it to do that.?
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    31 Jan '15 21:18
    Sorry, can't help with iPad problems.
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 02:48
    RedKnight,
    What does Game Forward do that Analyze Game doesn't do for you?
  8. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 18:01
    The analyise board only lets me play the game up to the last move, I want to experiment with future moves.
  9. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 18:07
    Actually I have now realised, that I am talking about the game history. This works as it should, but when I ask for analyze, nothing changes. So the board stays the same.? Am I going mad !!?
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Feb '15 23:26
    I am not sure of what you mean by "play the game forwards".

I am using a laptop with windows 7. Here is how it all works for me.

From the regular game board I can select game analysis, which takes me to a page showing the game at it's current position. I can then move all of the pieces around as I wish, including those of my opponent. I can also add pieces to the board wherever I want to place them. Closing that page will return me to the regular main board.

From the main board I can also select game history, and from there I can replay the game back and forth from the opening position to the current position, but I can not rearrange any pieces and cannot go forward past the current actual position.

From the "game history" page I cannot go to the analysis board. I can only return to the main board.

I am not having any problem in doing any of the above actions. As far as I know, the only way you can play the game forward from your current position is with the analysis board. However, the analysis board allows you do whatever you want with all of the pieces, even if it isn't a legal move.

I don't know if any of this has been or help for you or not.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 00:33
    Correction to my previous post:

From the game history board I do have the option to go directly to the analysis board and then return to the history board. I had not noticed that before.
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 13:11
    And another correction to my earlier post:

Once you get to the game history page you can go from there to the analysis page or return to the main game page.

It looks like I need to investigate the options more thoroughly before offering answers in the help forum!
  13. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 09:20
    Thanks for your explanation, you describe how it all should work, but now my analysis button does not take me to the analysis board as it used to ?
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 13:21
    Originally posted by Red Knight 63
    Thanks for your explanation, you describe how it all should work, but now my analysis button does not take me to the analysis board as it used to ?
    I see from earlier posts that you are using an ipad. Have you made any changes with it that might explain why it used to work but now does not?

Do you have access to a regular pc? Try using that. If everything works correctly from there then you will know that the problem probably has something to do with your device or it's software.
  15. Joined
    03 Mar '11
    Moves
    03 Feb '15 17:34
    This issue is now resolved. It turns out to be a known problem with the i pad.
    I must return to my lap top for my games.
    Thank you all for you interest and helpful comments.
    Regards Garry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree