Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member purclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    27 Apr '04 11:26
    Once someone goes into the timebank, but then makes a move does it reset or does it go down the next time from where it left off the last time a move was not made?
    Regards
    Zoe
  2. Standard member Natural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    27 Apr '04 12:04
    Used timebank time never gets reset.
  3. Standard member flexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    27 Apr '04 12:12
    Originally posted by purclecow
    Once someone goes into the timebank, but then makes a move does it reset or does it go down the next time from where it left off the last time a move was not made?
    Regards
    Zoe
    they make a move, then you move (probably 6 seconds later!!!) and they get their whole timeout period again before they start to eat any more timebank.

once timebank = 0 you can claim a timout win.

i think: long timeout makes long long games; long timebank stops timeout-wins of unfair opportunity.
  4. Standard member purclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    27 Apr '04 15:09
    Originally posted by flexmore
    they make a move, then you move (probably 6 seconds later!!!) and they get their whole timeout period again before they start to eat any more timebank.

once timebank = 0 you can claim a timout win.

i think: long timeout makes long long games; long timebank stops timeout-wins of unfair opportunity.
    ok...thanks....so i can eventually timeout this person then....only moves a few hours into the timebank after not moving for a week which drives me nuts.