1. Cardiff
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 17:37
    Does anyone agree with me that all ppl should be able to join clans and enter tournaments RHP could make a seperate tournament for subscribers and another one for subscribers and non-subscribers what do u guys think? πŸ˜•
  2. Donationmmanuel
    popping in...
    Durham, UK
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 17:39
    no
  3. Standard memberkingofthe303
    Wormtongue
    Edoras
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 21:52
    Another for the no camp I'm afraid. The subscription fee is not a huge amount to pay in support of such a great site. In response to separate tournays for subscribers and non-subscribers, i believe this already happens, with tournays for non-subscribers being held from time to time. The quality of this site is there for all to experience prior to subscription and the number of actual subscribers and re-subscribers just goes to show that the subscription is a fair contribution to others very hard work.πŸ™‚

PS If you want a sub and can't afford one - ask SantaπŸ˜›
  4. scotland
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 23:41
    Originally posted by mrmr121
    Does anyone agree with me that all ppl should be able to join clans and enter tournaments RHP could make a seperate tournament for subscribers and another one for subscribers and non-subscribers what do u guys think? πŸ˜•
    NO ,NO ,NO
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 23:59
    NO
  6. Standard membergaryminford
    The Sheriff of
    Nottingham
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 00:45
    No. No. And still ...... no.
  7. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 00:45
    Definitely no. The subscription fee is more than reasonable, and the oportunites for free play are generous enough to let people see that they are going to get more than their money's worth.

It seems only fair that to access features that the people running this site are working hard to create and maintain you would have to pay a small fee.

As mentioned though, there are non-paw star trial tourneys running occasionally, look out for those. I really recommend subscribing though - I don't know anyone who's regretted the decision to get a star.

-Jarno
  8. Standard memberstammer
    just another webgeek
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 00:55
    If you do not set the limits then there are fewer subscribers.....why do you think I just signed up?
  9. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 03:531 edit
    again no,

BUT i sympathise greatly with the many extremely keen players who can either feed their child OR subscribe. These people do exist. Travel overseas if you disagree.

I thought perhaps of suggesting a freebie to the most active unsubscribed player, or different fees for different countries, but we know how timmy toilet's wonderful idea of a subscription tourney ended up causing chaos.

any way have a look at sanfmx - who i know nothing of except being incredibly active and unsubscribed- if anyone is feeling generous.
  10. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 08:50
    No way!!!!!
  11. Spokane, WA
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 11:29
    Nope.
  12. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 13:04
    I have to agree with the no sayeres. The subscription amount is very reasonable and shouldn't be a problem when you really want to play at this great site.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 13:451 edit
    Not really a lot more to say here. (Thanks for everyone’s comments)

We shall always have a free element to this site - so people can come by and have a game of chess at no cost - but to do what you want would destroy the site. There are significant costs associated with a running a very busy site like this - and without subscribers it would not be able to exist. And although I'm sure many would subscribe anyway, having a few features to tempt people to support the site does no harm at all.
    And that is very unlikely to change anytime soon.

-Russ
  14. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 23:14
    nice hat russ
  15. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 23:17
    Originally posted by flexmore
    nice hat russ
    Now there's something I can agree with! Nice indeed! πŸ™‚

-Jarno

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree