1. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 20:42
    Originally posted by thire
    I think Russ does not test the site under Linux, so...
    th
    I don't know if Russ has ever tested it under Linux, but I have played using Mozilla under Linux. It works fine. I have used Netscape and Opera on a Mac. I normally use Opera under Windows. I'm sure we can come up with combinations that don't work, but of "active" sites that are not just static pages, this is about as good as I have seen.

Paul
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    27 Jul '04 23:04
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    ...PGN to be pasted into the preferences, I am sure I could come up with something like this.
    soooo... you work on that? 😉 🙂 😀
    yipiiiii
    th
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Jul '04 13:58
    bump! skeeter favorite game 😉 😀
    th
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    01 Aug '04 22:04
    ..., but is it really "[b]very browser-independent"?...
    th[/b]
    I want to correct myself:
    it is very browser-independent!
    🙂 🙂 😉 😀 🙂 🙂
    th
    (a new firefoxfan 😉 )
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 19:51
    How about a screensaver that would play out some preset game but has the option for PGN to be pasted into the preferences, I am sure I could come up with something like this.
    bump! 😉
    so.... ??? 😀
    th
  6. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    14 Aug '04 20:192 edits
    bump! 😉
    so.... ??? 😀
    th
    I have been working on this screensaver but had to put it on the backburner for a while, what with a lot of other things going on in my life at the minute, let alone clan admin, website admin, work, setting up a chess club etc. I haven't put enough time as I wanted into this. I did get a basic one up and running but had trouble getting the PGN import working, well couldn't get it working at all. Will keep trying though.

I did find a screensaver very similar to what I am trying to do, but of course I am trying to get mine with a RHP theme to it.

Anyway if anyone wants this screensaver (which does import PGN) to have a look at until I get mine up and running then goto the following link on my website

http://www.eye-q.co.uk/media/setup.exe
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 23:17

http://www.eye-q.co.uk/media/setup.exe
    Thanks for your answer!
    I allways have doubt to download a .exe-file directly without any description... and then I do not want to install it.
    Could you give some further information about the screensaver?
    thanks,
    th
  8. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    16 Aug '04 23:24
    Thanks for your answer!
    I allways have doubt to download a .exe-file directly without any description... and then I do not want to install it.
    Could you give some further information about the screensaver?
    thanks,
    th
    Its a screensaver called chesssaver 3.0.

It gives a 2d interpretation of a board which plays through whatever games are stored on it. (not sure how many PGN's you can import). There is a load of famous battles on there too.
    This is a direct download from my website where I am hosting it, virus free (or else I wouldn't have it there).
    Its a basic installation and doesn't install any spyware. It is however just a trial version (but still has loads od options i.e. style of pieces, colours, PGN support).
    It may be worth a look to see what exactly I am trying achieve but obviously with a RHP theme.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree