1. Standard memberOgey
    The Veggies Clan
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '03 16:10
    I just became a pawn star, so I feel I can legitimately bring up a possible improvement. 🙂

There are several games that I'm not playing in that I'd like to keep up with - continue to view as the games progress. Some of them are other games in a tournament I'm in, other games in a clan match I'm in, or just games friends of mine are playing.

The problem is, each time I have to trace down the games by going through the tournament listing, clan match listings, or the listing of games for an individual player.

What if I could specify specific games I'd like to continue watching and have the games pop up as a list of voyeur games on my homepage or on the My Games page? Kindof a favorites list. This would be VERY helpful to me, and I think others, too.

Any thoughts?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Jun '03 16:33
    Or something similar to the 'buddy list', but instead of people, you could add and remove particular games you want to watch.

In addition to watching them, there could be an option to download them as a pgn file when they're finished, for any games you think are really great or educational....

(I think that currently you can download only your own games, but maybe I'm wrong about that)

regards, Marc
  3. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    29 Jun '03 16:43
    We should perhaps have an "interesting games" discussion thread - where anyone in an interesting game posts the URL to it. Would anyone like to start one off by posting an interesting game they have been in? Personally I quite like games where an apparently lost player comes back to win...
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Jun '03 17:00
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    We should perhaps have an "interesting games" discussion thread - where anyone in an interesting game posts the URL to it. Would anyone like to start one off by posting an interesting game they have been in? Personally I quite like games where an apparently lost player comes back to win...
    Sounds good! Maybe put it in the 'chess only' forum.

Marc
  5. Standard memberOgey
    The Veggies Clan
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '03 17:54
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    I like those kinds of games, too. But that's because I'm usually the "apparently lost player," and the only way I can win is a come-back. 😉
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Jul '03 18:311 edit
    I have considered this, a 'favourites/favorites' list, before. If that’s what people want, I will certainly add that feature. It is now on my TO DO list.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    20 Sep '01
    Moves
    01 Jul '03 21:50
    Sounds like a good idea........... as long as we don't end up 'discussing' games in the forums which may/may not, help players in the games involved. Mind you, I'd appreciate any tips I could get. lol
  8. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    01 Jul '03 22:081 edit
    Maybe this could be a simple 'Saved Game' list where you can add game id's. That way you can store any game you like. Your archives keep a record of your games but it's very hard to find an old favorite once you get a few hundred games stored there.

It would also be cool to save them based on opening used. Maybe we could create some folders where we can dump the saved games into so that if we want to see an old 'Caro Kann' game we played we can pull up all saved games in that folder.

If this is too much then maybe just have a notes field that we can write in when we save the game. If that field is viewable without opening the game then we can write why we saved it.

Just a few ideas.

Bryan

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree