1. Stockholm
    Moves
    07 Oct '03 21:02
    Does anyone else experience that Internet Explorer 6.0 crashes sometimes when you submit a move? It's happened to me about ten times the last few days, on two separate computers. It hasn't been a problem before. I run Win XP Home edition with all updates. If I remember it right, Microsoft released an update for IE 6 a couple of days ago, I suspect it may be the reason.
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    07 Oct '03 21:34
    Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
    Does anyone else experience that Internet Explorer 6.0 crashes sometimes when you submit a move? It's happened to me about ten times the last few days, on two separate computers. It hasn't been a problem before. I run Win XP Home edition with all updates. If I remember it right, Microsoft released an update for IE 6 a couple of days ago, I suspect it may be the reason.
    I'm on AOL and for the last month things have been getting progressively worse... some times I get thrown out after every two or three moves... I get the 'site may be having technical difficulties' message or the 'cant't locate site' one. At other times everything works a dream.. strange.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '03 22:49
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    I'm on AOL and for the last month things have been getting progressively worse... some times I get thrown out after every two or three moves... I get the 'site may be having technical difficulties' message or the 'cant't locate site' one. At other times everything works a dream.. strange.
    i`m with telewest broadband never had any problems.
  4. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Oct '03 01:28
    i am on IE6, and never had the slightest problem. Shutting the window doesn't log me out though, which is a concern because i play mostly at my local library( especially with the daily cleanup).
  5. Steelers Country
    Moves
    08 Oct '03 02:41
    On my computer it crashs once in awhile but thats just cause my computer is worth less than crap, its crashs all the time, wether on rhp or not
    its Windows Me / IE 6

but my dads computer (Windows XP / IE 6) works fine
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    08 Oct '03 03:57
    IE 6,windows XP home edition,no problems so far.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    08 Oct '03 05:17
    Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
    Yes, It's just started happening to me. Although, it's my move - and I make my move, it (the board) returns exactly as was, telling me to move. I run also run Internet Explorer 6.0, and until recently had no problems.

Although, I've re-booted the pc several times, as a result of this, the problem still persists. I was wondering if there's a problem with the site and/or the itself.

Infact, I'm now getting quite pissed off with the current game, as a result of this factor too! : @ 🙄
  8. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    08 Oct '03 08:06
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    Yes, It's just started happening to me. Although, it's my move - and I make my move, it (the board) returns exactly as was, telling me to move. I run also run Internet Explorer 6.0, and until recently had no problems.

Although, I've re-booted the pc several times, as a result of this, the problem still persists. I was wondering if there's a problem w ...[text shortened]... I'm now getting quite pissed off with the current game, as a result of this factor too! : @ 🙄
    Having to make the same move twice happens every now and again regfardless of your computer or browser.... this is a problem with the site's server.... don't think it's anything to worry about though.. in fact it sometimes gives you the chance to put right a really stupid move 😉
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Oct '03 09:17
    I am not aware of any IE specific issues. The problem with IE (and most Microsoft products) is that if you use Windows update (which I'm sure everyone does - and really should do if they don't), then the software changes so frequently, you end up with lots of different versions of 'version 6' out there. Anyway, this does not explain the problem away, so no excuses.

I'm on AOL and for the last month things have been getting progressively worse... some times I get thrown out after every two or three moves... I get the 'site may be having technical difficulties' message or the 'cant't locate site' one. At other times everything works a dream.. strange

Rhymester,

I have problems with RHP sometimes - but this has mainly been down to NTL in my region. I use the alternative brands, and then everything is ok. (ChessAtWork always seems OK) Next time you have problems, can you see if the same holds true for you - and if it is, I will have to figure out what the hell is going on.

Regards,

-Russ
  10. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    09 Oct '03 15:27
    Originally posted by Russ
    I am not aware of any IE specific issues. The problem with IE (and most Microsoft products) is that if you use Windows update (which I'm sure everyone does - and really should do if they don't), then the software changes so frequently, you end up with lots of different versions of 'version 6' out there. Anyway, this does not explain the problem away, so n ...[text shortened]... you - and if it is, I will have to figure out what the hell is going on.

Regards,

-Russ
    OK Russ..... I'll force myself to try another RHP brand 😉
  11. Joined
    16 Sep '03
    Moves
    10 Oct '03 18:43
    I use Avant Browser, try it and you will never use IE again !
    Hessel.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree