Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    21 Jan '03 22:05
    I do play email-based correspondence chess somewhere else and sometimes here. But in fact I enjoy RHP much more. Is is it possible to import games (pgn-files) from the other site and list them here as unrated?
    I am playing there now just for some months but I want to change... I invited some of my friends to the other place. So when I move it would be great if they move too...
    any good solutions?
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    21 Jan '03 23:40
    Originally posted by thire
    I do play email-based correspondence chess somewhere else and sometimes here. But in fact I enjoy RHP much more. Is is it possible to import games (pgn-files) from the other site and list them here as unrated?
    I am playing there now just for some months but I want to change... I invited some of my friends to the other place. So when I move it would be great if they move too...
    any good solutions?
    This isn't possible at the moment.

It has never been requested before - and it would involve quite a bit of work - so it is unlikely to be introduced unless demanded by the masses. Sorry about that.

I hope this doesn't put you off your 'defection' plans though. 🙂

-Russ
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    21 Jan '03 23:43
    If you wanted to finish the games here though, you could recreate the games using the 'set piece' feature. The games would obviously lack a full history.

-Russ
  4. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    21 Jan '03 23:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    This isn't possible at the moment.

It has never been requested before - and it would involve quite a bit of work - so it is unlikely to be introduced unless demanded by the masses. Sorry about that.

I hope this doesn't put you off your 'defection' plans though. 🙂

-Russ
    I guessed it... no problem! 😉
    I like RHP eventhough it does not offer this... 😵

But according to my second problem (which I guess is more popular):
    Any ideas?

I guess: Just move to RHP and get your friends come with you 😀😀