1. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 02:42
    What about profile recs? There's a close correlation between people who have good profiles and people who are good for a chat, so maybe we should have the ability to recommend profiles, with recs being lost when the profile is changed.
  2. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 03:07
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    What about profile recs? There's a close correlation between people who have good profiles and people who are good for a chat, so maybe we should have the ability to recommend profiles, with recs being lost when the profile is changed.
    I agree it is an inane idea 🙂

Feivel
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 03:26
    Originally posted by Feivel
    I agree it is an inane idea 🙂

Feivel
    I'd like to hear your explanation why.

However, if you are just indulging your beef with me, perhaps you should comply with the instruction I gave which may have initiated this difficulty 🙂
  4. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 03:47
    I'd like to hear your explanation why.

However, if you are just indulging your beef with me, perhaps you should comply with the instruction I gave which may have initiated this difficulty 🙂
    What beef? What instruction? I am agreeing with you so what the hell is your problem?

Feivel
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 03:52
    I'd like to hear why you think it is an inane idea. That you consider this purely a matter of agreement related to perceived feelings indicates how bad-tempered, narrow-minded and generally hyphenated you are 🙂
  6. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 04:19
    I'd like to hear why you think it is an inane idea. That you consider this purely a matter of agreement related to perceived feelings indicates how bad-tempered, narrow-minded and generally hyphenated you are 🙂
    It is an inane idea. Just the same reason I think recs for posts make no sence. Recs are nothing more than a popularity contest. Now do you think I have a beef with you because I called you a psychotic in the thread where you spoke to yourself for about 5 pages of posts? Now since I actually explained myself to you, I would like you to explain what instructions you are talking about.

Feivel
  7. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 04:232 edits
    It is an inane idea. Just the same reason I think recs for posts make no sence. Recs are nothing more than a popularity contest. Now do you think I have a beef with you because I called you a psychotic in the thread where you spoke to yourse ...[text shortened]... you to explain what instructions you are talking about.

Feivel
    I thought a mutual beef had developed after I had somewhat unwisely told you to xxxx in an earlier thread (the instruction). You seemed to take offense then.

If you've no beef, I don't either. Peace.

I agree that the rec system as it stands is sort of silly. Right now, I'm using a variation of a statistical technique called Banburismus to look at the whole rec system and some of the proposed alternatives, because it is useful to be able to determine group preferences from individual expressions of approval. Classifying posts by semantics is thus far the hardest part.
  8. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 04:471 edit
    I thought a mutual beef had developed after I had somewhat unwisely told you to 'xxx' in an earlier thread (the instruction). You seemed to take offense then.

If you've no beef, I don't either. Peace.

I agree that the rec s ...[text shortened]... val. Classifying posts by semantics is thus far the hardest part.
    No I only think your psychotic..no beef though...hmm...beef....gives me an idea...time to cook a small steak...you just made me hungry you bastard 🙂

Feivel
  9. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 04:56
    No I only think your psychotic..no beef though...hmm...beef....gives me an idea...time to cook a small steak...you just made me hungry you bastard 🙂

Feivel
    Please, in the format of your choice, elaborate on why I'm psychotic. I'm certainly not trying to start something; I just think that's quite funny 🙂
  10. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 05:00
    Please, in the format of your choice, elaborate on why I'm psychotic. I'm certainly not trying to start something; I just think that's quite funny 🙂
    5 pages of posts to and from yourself is extremely psychotic. I should call you RoyalSybil

Feivel
  11. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 05:04
    5 pages of posts to and from yourself is extremely psychotic. I should call you RoyalSybil

Feivel
    Didn't you read them? That was parody of other users combined with an informal illustration of some of the logic discussed in my IT lectures, all constrained by the (perfectly sensible!!) ToS rule against multiple accounts 🙄.
  12. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 05:13
    Didn't you read them? That was parody of other users combined with an informal illustration of some of the logic discussed in my IT lectures, all constrained by the (perfectly sensible!!) ToS rule against multiple accounts 🙄.
    Don't matter what the content was. It was simply psychotic or should I say Schizophrenic.

Feivel
  13. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 05:20
    Don't matter what the content was. It was simply psychotic or should I say Schizophrenic.

Feivel
    Does holding two conflicting viewpoints also constitute schizophrenia? Do you believe that I suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder?
  14. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 05:21
    Does holding two conflicting viewpoints also constitute schizophrenia? Do you believe that I suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder?
    When I saw those posts I did.

Feivel
  15. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    13 Sep '04 05:24
    When I saw those posts I did.

Feivel
    Well cool 😀.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree