1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    29 Jun '11 07:54
    Is it true that Timeout and Timebank deplete while the Vacation Flag is up.

I am planning what to do for my holiday to retain as much Vacation time as possible.

I am going away for two weeks.
    My shortest Timebank is 7 days and I have not used any on any games.
    I estimate it will take me 2 days to play moves for the 30 or so games I have when I get back.

Therefore should I set my Vacation to start 7 days into my actual holiday and to finish 2 days (say 3 for safety) after I return.

Therefore I use only 10 days Vacation rather that 17 if I book my actual vacation plus 3 days to make moves.

Am I right that using "Vacation" time for the first 7 days which will co-incide with my universally unused timeouts is just a waste?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '11 11:18
    Yes, timeout and timebank deplete during vacation days, but you cannot be skulled while under the vacation flag. You are correct to not use vacation days to cover the timeout period, it doesn't help then, but only when there is a danger of <timebank> dropping to 0.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Jun '11 20:27
    Originally posted by Hyperion7

I am planning what to do for my holiday to retain as much Vacation time as possible.

I estimate it will take me 2 days to play moves for the 30 or so games I have when I get ...[text shortened]... for the first 7 days which will co-incide with my universally unused timeouts is just a waste?
    If you get "up to date" so it's your opponents move next in all your games then you will need even less vacation time.

If you have a 3/7 game then you will have up to 10 days to move in that game before being timed out.

As such for a 3/7 game you would only need 4 days vacation plus say 3 days to make your catch up moves.

If you are playing longer games 7/7 for instance then you will have up to 14 days to move in that game before being timed out.

As such for a 7/7 game you would need 0 days vacation plus say 3 days to make your catch up moves.
  4. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 04:03
    Thanks for your input.

I rarely use Timebank so this will help me a lot.
  5. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    01 Jul '11 08:13
    The extra safety days for when you come back can also be deleted if you find you dont need them all.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    02 Jul '11 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by Hyperion7

I estimate it will take me 2 days to play moves for the 30 or so games I have when I get for the first 7 days which will co-incide with my universally unused timeouts is just a waste?
    While I am not expert on the vacation feature, as I have never used it, your strategy seems the most efficient and will protect you from a timeout. The only tweak I might make in your strategy is to start the vacation at 6 days instead of 7 days to make sure no skulls appear. A 1 day safety buffer. Thus, you will use 11 days of vacation.

There is a lot of vacation. The feature provides 36 vacation days. I wish I had a job I could take 36 days of vacation per year. Though I think subscribers may sometimes use the vacation feature to manage game load and not for an actual vacation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree