1. London
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 07:23
    Hi

Is there anyway of seeing when my opponent returns from vacation?

Thanks
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 12:241 edit
    Unforunately, the short (and correct) answer is 'no'. All you can do is PM your opponent and see if they will tell you.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 14:47
    Originally posted by mushypeas
    Hi

Is there anyway of seeing when my opponent returns from vacation?

Thanks
    Whether on vacation physically or not matters little if the opponent has access to the internet (eg is not on a camel holiday in Chad where for all I know their iPhone may work perfectly well: must check for Chad flags later). You can certainly see when they last moved and that is more relevant. And if there is a skull available, then who cares?
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 15:52
    Originally posted by finnegan
    And if there is a skull available, then who cares?
    There won't be if they're on vacation. 😕
  5. Joined
    01 Aug '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 21:10
    Can some one tell me if you are really only allowed 12 days vacation in a year. I am retired and away for about 4 months a year.
    Thank you
  6. Joined
    01 Aug '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 21:11
    Is it possible to ask my opponents if they are willing to hang in til I return?
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 21:30
    Originally posted by starkravin
    Can some one tell me if you are really only allowed 12 days vacation in a year
    Subscribers have 36 vacation days per year. You can certainly ask an opponent to hold up a game, but it is their decision. In tournaments the RHP computer automaticly times you out 2 days after your total time expires, neither you or your opponent can stop that. Perhaps you can finish up games before you leave for extended periods?
  8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 21:40
    Can some one tell me if you are really only allowed 12 days vacation in a year. I am retired and away for about 4 months a year.
    Thank you
    If you've only just subscribed, then you'll get (I think) three days vacation for each calendar month left in this year.
    Not sure what'll happen when 2009 comes round - you'll probably get the full 36 days.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 22:32
    Originally posted by orangutan
    If you've only just subscribed, then you'll get (I think) three days vacation for each calendar month left in this year.
    Not sure what'll happen when 2009 comes round - you'll probably get the full 36 days.
    Yes, this is the way it works.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 14:37
    Is it possible to ask my opponents if they are willing to hang in til I return?
    Before the vacation system, I would message the players I am playing.

"I will be gone for about 8 days, and return to our game. You may get a chance to time me out, but if you could give me the extra few days I would appreciate it. I think our game is very exciting, and I would hate to see it end just because I've got to be away from the computer for a week. Please hang in, and I'll be back to continue the game ASAP".

I was never timed out, but often played users I already knew through RHP... I usually only play forum users, not strangers. If someone times you out, just don't play them anymore if a win is more important than the game to them... You just can't get mad because you went over the time allowed.

P-
  11. Joined
    01 Aug '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '08 16:07
    Thank you all for your response. I didn't realise that I had 36 days in a year as a subscriber. 🙂)
  12. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    27 Sep '08 17:36
    Under "My Settings" (above) see "My Vacation Settings". Vacation days left will be listed there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree