Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    16 Nov '04 05:12
    I like to print out my games and study them for my next move when I'm on break at work. Having just installed teh XP operating system. When printing, it will print out the pieces and words but not the board or the rest of the background. I never had this problem with 98. Any suggestions? Anybody ran across this before. Think Russ would know?

    Thanks all,
    Frank
  2. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    16 Nov '04 06:49
    It sounds like you need to download the XP version of the driver for your printer, either the 98 one you have or the plug and play one aren't fully compatible. You should be able to download it from the printer manufacturer's website.
  3. 16 Nov '04 07:13
    Originally posted by Exy
    It sounds like you need to download the XP version of the driver for your printer, either the 98 one you have or the plug and play one aren't fully compatible. You should be able to download it from the printer manufacturer's website.
    This might help: go to Internet Explorer Tools\Options menu. Choose "Advanced" tab. There is a long list of options there. Scroll it down and find Printing\Print background colors and images. Check it. Try to print the board.
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    16 Nov '04 10:26
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I like to print out my games and study them for my next move when I'm on break at work. Having just installed teh XP operating system. When printing, it will print out the pieces and words but not the board or the rest of the background. I never had this problem with 98. Any suggestions? Anybody ran across this before. Think Russ would know?

    Thanks all,
    Frank
    Can you confirm that the printer friendly board view does not print correctly?

    This worked last time I tested it...

    -Russ
  5. Standard member Frank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    16 Nov '04 20:11
    Originally posted by Russ
    Can you confirm that the printer friendly board view does not print correctly?

    This worked last time I tested it...

    -Russ
    Thanks to all of you with your help. It is greatly appreciated. I will check into all of these. I'm thinking Russ may have the fast track to success here. Normally I would select File and Print from the drop down. I believe you are talking about the 'Print Board' selection below the 'Move' and next to the 'Game State' selections Russ?

    Thanks again!!!
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    17 Nov '04 15:46
    I am - the purpose of which was to avoid people messing about with browser settings just to print a board. I hope it worked for you!

    -Russ