1. Joined
    20 May '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '09 23:32
    I'd like to set up an account for my 7 year old son (he attends chess club at the library and would like to play online).

Is there a way to make an account and disable all messaging and in-game chat? I would like his only interaction with "strangers" to be via chess moves.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 01:12
    Originally posted by alohatiger
    I'd like to set up an account for my 7 year old son (he attends chess club at the library and would like to play online).

Is there a way to make an account and disable all messaging and in-game chat? I would like his only interaction with "strangers" to be via chess moves.
    Last I heard, 13 was the minimum age here. Therefore someone who is only 7 years old would not be allowed to have an account.

If you place someone on your 'ignore list', that is supposed to prevent them from sending you messages, either private or in-game. As far as I know they would still be able to play a game against you but just couldn't chat. I have never used the 'ignore list', so I could easily be wrong about some of this.
  3. USA
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 02:27
    Queen Alice Chess is a nice site for younger players.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '09 19:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree