1. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 18:54
    can you just let one account sit dormant and open another one? ive done things im not proud of, pointless, thoughtless moves, blunders galore.. id like to get my past behind me and get a fresh start..
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:24
    Originally posted by GaranhunsGladiator
    can you just let one account sit dormant and open another one? ive done things im not proud of, pointless, thoughtless moves, blunders galore.. id like to get my past behind me and get a fresh start..
    Apparently it is allowed - from what I've read in the forums. I don't think it should be allowed UNLESS there is a proper reason - unlike yours.

If I were you, I would at least clear it with admins first. (via; send feedback link)
  3. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 20:23
    i dint think there is a problem if you change accounts due to some valid reason (i.e. you used your real name instead of a nickname or something) but i believe doing it simply to get a fresh start is frowned upon.

since your rating is around 1150 just now, you are better off just playing on and forgetting the first lot of blunders. there are plenty more to be made and after a couple of hundred games you wont care about the bad start you had. you will get back to the 1200 and above pretty quick if your skills deserve it.
  4. DISCO!
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 21:06
    Do you really think you are going to do any better?

face it dude we are crap at chess and a new account won't help either of us.

Enjoy the trip.

😉
  5. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    04 Jan '07 01:50
    Just send feedback.
    Tell them you would like to open a new account and they will make it so you csan no longer access the old account.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 10:00
    Originally posted by MCA
    i dint think there is a problem if you change accounts due to some valid reason (i.e. you used your real name instead of a nickname or something)
    If you used your real name instead of a nickname, you could simply ask to have the user name changed. You don't have to start a new account.
  7. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 14:15
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If you used your real name instead of a nickname, you could simply ask to have the user name changed. You don't have to start a new account.
    You could very well be right.

I was just trying to give an example of a 'valid' reason to change accounts and point out that doing it simply for 'a fresh start' is frowned upon by most users.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 14:23
    We don't want you coming back as a 2400 player just because you got a fresh start and read a new book.

P-
  9. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 00:50
    "I am convinced a chess-player's attitude to his own mistakes can serve as a gauge of his strengths and his prospects. The weak player tries to forget his mistakes as quickly as possible and is soon committing fresh ones which may be even cruder. The strong player treats his mistakes with an attentiveness that borders on love. They become the object of prolonged painstaking analysis; he constantly remembers them, but looks for ways to avoid meeting them again. Sensing his attitude, they migrate to the games of other players."

-- from Grigory Sanakoev's "World Champion at the Third Attempt" - the 12th World Correspondence Champion (ICCF) (1984-1991)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree