1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    15 Sep '03 09:41
    I believe that having many computers playing diluting the humans would be less interesting. However having just the most interesting computers allowed in would be fascinating.
    They could be have warnings next to their names.
    Or even better be listed in a separate player table from the humans and let them all come.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Sep '03 14:54
    Originally posted by flexmore
    I believe that having many computers playing diluting the humans would be less interesting. However having just the most interesting computers allowed in would be fascinating.
    They could be have warnings next to their names.
    Or even better be listed in a separate player table from the humans and let them all come.
    They are already here, it is up to you to figure out who is using them.

Phla-
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    15 Sep '03 23:04
    According to a very dedicated chess computer site which i have been following for many years, they take a lot of care with their ratings having the compuers play thousands of games, they match up all the known human versus computer games, SHREDDER 7.04 has a rating of 2810. here is their address http://w1.859.telia.com/~u85924109/ssdf/list.htm
    I know the computers are phenomenally above me (1500 ish), not just 500 points
    so i believe there are no computers playing (some fools use them for assistance i agree, but that is different)
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Sep '03 01:111 edit
    Originally posted by flexmore
    According to a very dedicated chess computer site which i have been following for many years, they take a lot of care with their ratings having the compuers play thousands of games, they match up all the known human versus computer games, ...[text shortened]... some fools use them for assistance i agree, but that is different)
    given time computers will reach the same ratings here. Most of the people in the top 20 were rated in the 1700's not long ago... next they will be in the 2200's... takes time to get the ratings up... but believe me... there are people using computers here.

P-

EDIT I don't want to sound like I think there are people in the top 20 using computers... but they are being used on the site.
  5. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    16 Sep '03 06:17
    well Phlabibit... why do you know that there are chess engines used??? let me remind you that you aren't in the top 20... so.... 😠
    okay okay, the engine you use must be very bad 😉
    have a nice day, 😀
    th
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Sep '03 13:50
    Originally posted by thire
    well Phlabibit... why do you know that there are chess engines used??? let me remind you that you aren't in the top 20... so.... 😠
    okay okay, the engine you use must be very bad 😉
    have a nice day, 😀
    th
    30,000 users.. someone must be using one... It happens all the time. As I said in my post I hope no one in the top 20 is using one...

Cheaters Spoted also has a person who claims he knows a member is using a chess engine, and even what engine it is. I myself played a newbie once, and he told me he had the game won.... I figured I was in some trouble. After the game I went and did my analize game.

Right where the guy told me he had the game won is when I stepped into a 6 moves to forced mate. We were playing Blitz at the time... that is a pretty good eye for only thinking a minute or 2 per move... plus he got 100 percent agree and did every move my computer did right down to taking pawns that didn't really matter to the mate line.

I know this is lame proof... but easier to believe than "NO ONE" is using a chess engine.

Yes, my chess engine is "Stink-move 3.6" I had just updated it. 😉

P

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree