1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    30 Jan '03 23:01
    Originally posted by DdV
    This sounds really great. I wanted to post a suggestion to make it possible to send one more message after a game has finished on your opponent's turn, just to be able to reply to a last message without having to use email.. A private inbox sounds a lot better though.
    I agree with DdV on this one. Sounds like a brilliant idea Russ. I'd love to see this implemented πŸ™‚
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    30 Jan '03 23:05
    Originally posted by T1000
    I agree with DdV on this one. Sounds like a brilliant idea Russ. I'd love to see this implemented πŸ™‚
    This also ties in with my suggestion of making finished games come up one last time so that you don't miss comments by your opponent.
    When you are playing a lot of games it's easy to miss games in which you have been checkmated or your draw offer has been accepted.

Rhymester
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    30 Jan '03 23:13
    Originally posted by Russ
    Dear Mr. T1000,

Thanks for the post, I really respect your opinions on this stuff, so I hope I can do justice to your post - I only have 10 minutes in my lunch hour (so apologies for typos in advance). I may return with a follow up post later.

SMALLER, SPECIFIC SITE IMPROVEMENTS:-

1. Make the 'Skip' button work properly!!!! I don't use it b ...[text shortened]... oin me and play for The Squirrel Lovers?
    You really wouldn’t want me.

-Russ

Mr. Russ Sir!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Each and every (except for my overly harsh forum restriction idea - I admit, bad idea) point too, I appreciate it.

I will try and think up some ideas for the RHP league. People who play at other sites that have leagues will have more of an idea than me. I'll start a new thread asking if anyone else has any ideas.

Am not surprised that you were way ahead of me regarding the team/clans idea. It's something that could really take off. I like the use of the words clans as opposed to teams, makes it sound as if us chess nerds are playing Counter-Strike or something πŸ˜€

Anyways, thanks for responding,

T1000
  4. Standard memberStrayJay
    I'm like a nerd
    Amsterdam, NL
    Moves
    31 Jan '03 07:52
    Just so there's no misunderstanding, I was suggesting a lifetime membership scheme as an *addition* to the 1st year = $15, second year (and after) = $24 scheme, ie if you wanted to take out life membership you could, otherwise you'd subscribe as usual. There's no harm in having it as an extra option is there? The $60 was plucked out of the air with not much thought I admit.
    I understood what you meant, the point I was trying to make is that a scheme where people can make a donation (I prefer that term over 'paying a membership fee' πŸ˜‰) to become a member for life, is a short term solution to the problem that really does not do anyone any good. It hurts the members if this site were to cease to exist within two or three years or so, and it would hurt Chris & Russ if the site lasted much longer than that, because after that period they would miss out on revenues.

Again, I do agree that the membership donation (😏) should be raised to $24 per year. I'd love to set a good example by voluntarily making that donation for the 17 months that I've already been visiting RHP, but I honestly can't find an easy way to do that. (hint...)
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    31 Jan '03 13:19
    Mr. Russ Sir!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Each and every (except for my overly harsh forum restriction idea - I admit, bad idea) point too, I appreciate it.

I will try and think up some ideas for the RHP league. People who play at other sites that have leagues will have more of an idea than me. I'll start a new thread asking if anyone else has ...[text shortened]... s nerds are playing Counter-Strike or something πŸ˜€

Anyways, thanks for responding,

T1000
    T1000
    Send me an email or a game so we can chat about the league. I liked your idea when you orignally posted it.

-mike
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    31 Jan '03 13:31
    Will do but in a few days. I'm away the rest of today and this weekend.

Have a good weekend y'all.

Cheers Mike,

T1000
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '03 23:09
    Mr. Russ Sir!

I like the use of the words clans as opposed to teams, makes it sound as if us chess nerds are playing Counter-Strike or something πŸ˜€
    Well, I have made it back alive (only just, even 'snowboard ninjas' like myself have bad days - whilst racing a friend I only narrowly avoided falling down a ravine.😳 )

Unsurprisingly, my use of the word 'clans' stems from my online gaming experience. (I was an early CS Beta addict).

Prepare your clan logos/coat of arms so you are ready for the go live (some time off yet, but a bit of advanced warning will do no harm)

-Russ
  8. http://ads.yourfreed
    Moves
    04 Feb '03 12:27
    glad you missed that ravine. Not all hospitals are set up so you could continue codeing πŸ˜‰

just a quick one: I think someone was mentioning being able to move pieces freely in another window. Would it be possible to add on the ability to flip the board so we can see it from the opponents perspective, either in this new screen or on the old one?
  9. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    05 Feb '03 12:53
    Originally posted by Chrismo
    Ok. In that case I apologise. I really thought I had fixed this problem. This is embarrassing. 😳

But I have an excuse.

πŸ˜•

No I don't.

πŸ˜€

My apologies. I don't know how this went wrong, but I will fix it.

-Chris
    I believe it's working! (?)
    I skip a game, it goes to the next one. If I move in that game the 1st remains skipped and I go to the 3rd. I've even managed to skip through all of my games and arrive at the start againπŸ™‚
    Well done Chrismo... speedy fixing my friend πŸ˜€
  10. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Feb '04 16:05
    I just reread this old thread and...
    well RHP is perfect: almost everything is reality now.
    Good work Russ 'n' Chris, thank you so much!
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree