1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 07:091 edit
    I have now been on the site for a month and sometimes I read the suggestions on how it could be improved (some of which are good ideas), but I'd like to throw my two cents in from my admittedly brief experience.
    This site is a complete gem, something I've never experienced on the net; a site where I can play great games (well, I can't but in theory), discuss the game freely (even potential opponents will advise on How Can I Play Against Opening X) and even have some intellectual arguments while I'm waiting for my opponents to crush me (although the religion guys & the pimp thing are a little over the top).
    It still amazes me I can walk in my door, turn my computer on and I'm playing good games against players all over the world, with all the extra goodies that this site has to offer. So for the guys who run things here, you have a right to be proud of the great accomplishment this site is!
    How about some luv for the site from everbody else?!!!
  2. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 09:05
    Absolutely ... after more then a year I visit the site on a daily basis and just know that for many years to come I will participate in all the outstanding features RHP has to offer ... Hurray for Russ and Chrismo and all the others who make RHP a great society.
  3. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 10:26
    Originally posted by NicolaiS
    Absolutely ... after more then a year I visit the site on a daily basis and just know that for many years to come I will participate in all the outstanding features RHP has to offer ... Hurray for Russ and Chrismo and all the others who make RHP a great society.
    Right on regarding 'Chess Attorney at Law ' and 'Bandwidth Abuser' comments.

The site is a gem! It is amazing how smoothly everything is run. How do the administrators do it!!! Kudos to RHP! 🙂
  4. Joined
    01 Jul '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 10:35
    This writer will not be offended if this idea does not get too far, but in the nature of brainstorming, would enough players have an interest in a 'Game of the Month' feature? It would take some organizing and perhaps volunteer help. What I invision is a program run by independent volunteers that receive nominations for great games that are played on the site. The submitted game could come from the player with Clan Leader's endorsement, to a panel that would make a prelim review, then post those potential 'Game of the Month' candidates for review by the RHP public for a vote. Registered players get full vote, non-registered, half vote. The result, beautiful games for all to see, may well be worth the effort.
  5. e2
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 13:37
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How about some luv for the site from everbody else?!!!
    Preach it, brother.
    I came to RHP because I don't have time to get to a local club.
    Now, though, if I ended up having enough time to go to a club regularly, I wouldn't. I'd stick with RHP.
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 19:01
    Originally posted by rcstas
    This writer will not be offended if this idea does not get too far, but in the nature of brainstorming, would enough players have an interest in a 'Game of the Month' feature? It would take some organizing and perhaps volunteer help. What I invision is a program run by independent volunteers that receive nominations for great games that are played on the ...[text shortened]... egistered, half vote. The result, beautiful games for all to see, may well be worth the effort.
    Nice idea.Gets a rec 🙂
  7. Behind you...
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 19:14
    Originally posted by rcstas
    This writer will not be offended if this idea does not get too far, but in the nature of brainstorming, would enough players have an interest in a 'Game of the Month' feature? It would take some organizing and perhaps volunteer help. What I invision is a program run by independent volunteers that receive nominations for great games that are played on the ...[text shortened]... egistered, half vote. The result, beautiful games for all to see, may well be worth the effort.
    It's a nice idea but I think it'd be a very big hassle. I can't imagine everyone agreeing on a single best game of the month, but hey, this site seems to work magic in many areas so maybe so!

Anywho, I agree completely with no1, this site is really a gem. It's amazing that I found this place after going through about 3 other sites (each had links to other sites and I just kept traveling till I ended up here!) just looking for a chess site I could play on through a school computer that wouldn't be blocked, and well, here I am. Would have been nice if I had been doing my schoolwork though 😕 (squeezed out a low C), but still, my time here has certainly been a blast so far and with my recent joining of the Metallica clan, I'm sure it'll only be getting better for me!

Thankfully,

-Kev
  8. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 19:57
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    It's a nice idea but I think it'd be a very big hassle. I can't imagine everyone agreeing on a single best game of the month, but hey, this site seems to work magic in many areas so maybe so!

Anywho, I agree completely with no1, this site is really a gem. It's amazing that I found this place after going through about 3 other sites (each had ...[text shortened]... of the Metallica clan, I'm sure it'll only be getting better for me!

Thankfully,

-Kev
    There is no need to agree on a game,rcstas' idea was to have a voting system to decide on a game.
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    25 Jul '04 22:38
    I have been playing across three sites for the last 6 months and have got to the point were i have finished off the last games abroad and returned home, here at RHP. There is simply no point playing anywhere else, this site is the best 🙂
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jul '04 17:11
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    I have been playing across three sites for the last 6 months and have got to the point were i have finished off the last games abroad and returned home, here at RHP. There is simply no point playing anywhere else, this site is the best 🙂
    Thanks guys, we always appreciate your comments. Yes, all of them, but we like the complimentary ones the best. 😉

We have considered adding a 'recommended games' option, much like the forum posts. The games with the most recommendations in the last 30 days would effectively be the 'game of the month' (although the lead could change at anytime, of course.)

-Russ
  11. Behind you...
    Moves
    27 Jul '04 01:25
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thanks guys, we always appreciate your comments. Yes, all of them, but we like the complimentary ones the best. 😉

We have considered adding a 'recommended games' option, much like the forum posts. The games with the most recommendations in the last 30 days would effectively be the 'game of the month' (although the lead could change at anytime, of course.)

-Russ
    Sooo...did you just green-light the idea or are you still considering it? Either way, would we have nominations or would we all just vote for any ol' game we run across, because it seems that every month we'd just be getting games from IronMan or skeeter or bbarr because they are the players that most of us seem to watch the most, while a 1400 and a 1500 could be off having a brilliant game that no one will ever bother watching! I'd just like to know how this would be arranged, 'tis all. 🙂

-Kev

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree