1. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Jun '03 19:581 edit
    For some reason, all three of my browsers....Netscape, IE and Opera ALL started showing the radio button on the chessboard (each square) which will not let me move. Anybody have any ideas besides having all my games TO? [I figured out how to move by clicking the radio buttons but I still want to know how to get rid of them.]

Amici Sumus

Feivel
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Jun '03 20:13
    That sounds kind of strange...

There's a good chance Russ will see your post here, but just in case you might try sending him a private message using 'My Inbox'. He might see it more quickly that way.

Marc
  3. Steelers Country
    Moves
    22 Jun '03 20:26
    Originally posted by Feivel
    For some reason, all three of my browsers....Netscape, IE and Opera ALL started showing the radio button on the chessboard (each square) which will not let me move. Anybody have any ideas besides having all my games TO? [I figured out how to move by clicking the radio buttons but I still want to know how to get rid of them.]

Amici Sumus

Feivel
    I had that problem when I used an outdated browser, did your coumputer have a crash before the radio buttons showed up or not?
  4. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    22 Jun '03 21:27
    No it did not

Amici Sumus

Feivel
  5. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 16:18
    Ok, problem solved and it was sure a weird one. I found out that my Java virtual machine was corrupt although I have no idea how that happened. I reinstalled Java (along with an update to Opera) and everything worked fine provided I disabled SYGATE PRO. Don't know why I looked at my firewall but now I uninstalled Sygate and reinstalled Kerio Personal Firewall and the site looks normal again.

Amici Sumus

Feivel the computer geek
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jun '03 23:33
    Just to state for those who don't know otherwise, this site does not use Java - and this problem is a bit of a mystery.

Having given it some thought, I can only think that some of the software you were running was blocking the ‘user agent’ part of the http header being sent to RHP. Therefore, RHP just assumed you were using an unknown browser, and showed you the very old (but backwardly compatible!) interface.

-Russ
  7. Joined
    14 Jun '03
    Moves
    04 Jul '03 06:26
    A friend informed me that a message I sent them via email had bounced, so I checked my email address and it has an error, I fixed it and haven't been able to access the games under my user name.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree