1. Joined
    25 Aug '04
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 17:24
    Originally posted by colleman
    Eureka!

Many thanks. I've dowloaded a picture from www.webshots.com and there is no logo.

I appreciate all the help.

Dave

😀
    I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 17:39
    You might want to scan the registry for the text "MESH computers plc" and blast it out of existence. Of course, even loking at the registry is not an activity for the faint of heart, for if you screw it up, it can often mean re-install time...
  3. UK
    Moves
    25 Nov '04 19:04
    Originally posted by Toe
    You might want to scan the registry for the text "MESH computers plc" and blast it out of existence. Of course, even loking at the registry is not an activity for the faint of heart, for if you screw it up, it can often mean re-install time...
    It's not in the registry, it's part of the background image. They embedd their logo in all the standard windows backdrops. Bit of a shame really as I quite like the fish one and the other one, but not with a huge MESH logo in the corner.

Nowt that can be done though, other than to get a copy of the image from someone with a retail version of XP.

Ach well.
  4. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Nov '04 01:39
    Originally posted by mrmist
    It's not in the registry, it's part of the background image. They embedd their logo in all the standard windows backdrops. Bit of a shame really as I quite like the fish one and the other one, but not with a huge MESH logo in the corner.

Nowt that can be done though, other than to get a copy of the image from someone with a retail version of XP.

Ach well.
    Thanks guys,

I think they are taking a bit of a liberty; that's what bugs me.

Dave
  5. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    26 Nov '04 09:491 edit
    These folks have no shame do they? But background images: its what digital cameras are for after all...

The other snag with a new PC is the installed IE browser tends to have "Tiscali" or "AOL" in the titlebar, even if you never ran the set-up things supplied and 'uninstalled' them ASAP. Those bits of irritation do indeed live in the registry.
  6. UK
    Moves
    26 Nov '04 18:46
    Thanks guys,

I think they are taking a bit of a liberty; that's what bugs me.

Dave
    Indeed. Computer is good though 😉
  7. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Nov '04 19:54
    Indeed. Computer is good though 😉
    The computer is fine although I do have one issue that needs to be resolved.

It came with a free 60 day trial of MS Office but I cannot access it because they did not send me the 25 digit product key.

I have sent them two e-mails but no response yet.
  8. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    26 Nov '04 20:43
    you might want to try openoffice as an alternative to MS office.
    http://www.openoffice.org/product/
    45Mbyte download, or get them to send a CD (for a token payment)
    Open source, every bit as good as MS (better in a lot of respects), and totally compatible ith all the MS word / power point type of stuff ost people deal with. (Exceptions: word bookmarks, ermmm.... well probably some other stuff, though I haven't found them)

Or you might not. Who am I to say?
  9. UK
    Moves
    26 Nov '04 20:49
    The computer is fine although I do have one issue that needs to be resolved.

It came with a free 60 day trial of MS Office but I cannot access it because they did not send me the 25 digit product key.

I have sent them two e-mails but no response yet.
    You did better than me then, I've not got the trial at all!

I have found the support to be pretty slow. The best support response comes from the online website helpdesk, but even then it can take a while. Which is odd, as reviews all said the customer service is pretty good. (Which I suppose it is, but it's slow.)

I have works 7, and that appears to be it. But then I have office anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree