Standard memberHyperion7
Help 29 Sep '10 13:31
  1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 13:31
    I'm new to this.

I want to message someone easily while playing. I tried this morning and had to come out of game, then enter the game number in subject line and send and then go back to game.

I'm sure my opponent hasn't read the message as he hasn't replied.

I see the message log on the RHS of the bar above the game, but no message appears.

How can I message my opponent better?
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    29 Sep '10 13:46
    Originally posted by Hyperion7
    I'm new to this.

I want to message someone easily while playing. I tried this morning and had to come out of game, then enter the game number in subject line and send and then go back to game.

I'm sure my opponent hasn't read the message as he hasn't replied.

I see the message log on the RHS of the bar above the game, but no message appears.

How can I message my opponent better?
    You can sent messages in two ways:

- General messages. Go to the person's profile (click on his/her name), then click on "Send message" under "Profile links" on the left.

- In-Game messages. Go to a game where its your move. Click on the "Message your opponent" link directly under the Submit move button. Type your message in the box that appears. Now when you make the move, the message gets sent with it.
    Click on "Message log" to view the log of all messages from that game (its located as most right top-tab).
  3. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 15:00
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    You can sent messages in two ways:

- [b]General messages
    . Go to the person's profile (click on his/her name), then click on "Send message" under "Profile links" on the left.

- In-Game messages. Go to a game where its your move. Click on the "Message your opponent" link directly under the Submit move button. Type your message in the box that ...[text shortened]... og" to view the log of all messages from that game (its located as most right top-tab).[/b]
    Thanks for this.

Is it possible to message in the game log when not your move?

Also, do the messages come in in some kind of alert or do you have to keep looking for them all the time?

MP
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 15:39
    Originally posted by Hyperion7
    Thanks for this.

Is it possible to message in the game log when not your move?

Also, do the messages come in in some kind of alert or do you have to keep looking for them all the time?

MP
    No problem.

No. You can only sent general messages at that time.

The in-game message appears above the board when its your move. So you can only view it when its your move and you clicked on the game. Then its kinda hard to miss.
    When you have a new general message it will be listed in the top red bar, left of the "Hyperion7: # games waiting".
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 07:30
  6. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 08:16
    problems solved.

Thanks Thread Killing Chimp!
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 13:30
    Is it possible to send a message to multiple people (obviously not in-game)? If so, how do I separate the names in the "To" field?
  8. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 13:20
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Is it possible to send a message to multiple people (obviously not in-game)? If so, how do I separate the names in the "To" field?
    If you want to message your clan go to your Clan Homepage and click "Message all clan members" under "Clan Options" top left.

If you want to message 'random' multiple people use a ", " to sepperate thier names.
    Like: person1, person2, person3
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 13:40
    Thanks, I wanted to message my clan. Hadn't seen that option.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree