1. Not where I want.
    Moves
    24 May '06 19:39
    When playing a game and your opponent dips into their timebank, what do you do? Do you message them as soon as the little icon comes up, or do you wait a couple days? I waited a while. I'm just curious to see if there is a general take on when is a good time.
  2. Berks.
    Moves
    24 May '06 21:51
    I wouldn't bother. Players don't forget.
  3. Not where I want.
    Moves
    24 May '06 22:44
    I have a game right now that the timebank has run out for my opponent.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 May '06 00:19
    Originally posted by GeorgeBronx
    I have a game right now that the timebank has run out for my opponent.
    And?
  5. Not where I want.
    Moves
    25 May '06 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    And?
    I just wanted to know if there is a general outlook on whether or not its "rude" to claim the win after the time bank is gone.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 May '06 17:271 edit
    When a game is started both players agrees about the time. Both players knows the time in hand. If the time runs out then it is equally agreed that the other can claim a win.

But if the vacation flag is set and the player informs what date he is coming back - then it is rude to claim a win. Is this the case in your game?

How do you do when the time runs out in a game over the board? Do you tell him to make a move or do you claim a win then? Of course you'll claim the win, everybody does that. The same answer apply here.
  7. Not where I want.
    Moves
    30 May '06 02:53
    But if the vacation flag is set and the player informs what date he is coming back - then it is rude to claim a win. Is this the case in your game?
    No vacation flag.

How do you do when the time runs out in a game over the board? Do you tell him to make a move or do you claim a win then? Of course you'll claim the win, everybody does that. The same answer apply here.
    Fortunately, in my 3 years of league play back in high school, I never ran into that situation. That is why I'm asking.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 May '06 02:55
    Originally posted by GeorgeBronx
    When playing a game and your opponent dips into their timebank, what do you do? Do you message them as soon as the little icon comes up, or do you wait a couple days? I waited a while. I'm just curious to see if there is a general take on when is a good time.
    I ignore it until I see the little skull. Then I CLICK IT.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:52
    You are not alone see http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=44670

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree