1. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 15:033 edits
    Hi, I'm having problem with locating a member. This character here - RamboVII (one word). He definitely has a profile and I've started a game with him (Player Profile below)

http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=296485

But if you go into the "Find Player" function and type his name in, it comes up as "Sorry, no players match your search. Please try being less specific."

I've even copy+pasted his name directly into the search function, but for some reason, it's just not coming up. ANyone else having this isse?

Since his profile isn't working, does that indicate that maybe he's not receiving messages that our game has started?

edit: I guess I should really read threads before posting. I read another thread going over this same problem. Just to clarify - if the other guy hasn't made a move yet, he won't be in the database, right?

Sorry for the spam - if we have a mod and this is correct, feel free to flame me good and proper, lol
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 17:45
    Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid
    Hi, I'm having problem with locating a member. This character here - RamboVII (one word). He definitely has a profile and I've started a game with him (Player Profile below)

http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=296485

But if you go into the "Find Player" function and type his name in, it comes up as "Sorry, no players ma ...[text shortened]... if we have a mod and this is correct, feel free to flame me good and proper, lol
    its not wether they have moved yet that is the issue.

it is that they are still a provisional player (denoted by the small P beside thier rating) once they play enough games they will no longer be provisional (20 games i think) and will be found in the player tables.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 01:07
    Originally posted by MCA
    its not wether they have moved yet that is the issue.

it is that they are still a provisional player (denoted by the small P beside thier rating) once they play enough games they will no longer be provisional (20 games i think) and will be found in the player tables.
    Thanks, but I don't think that's the issue. I can find other people who still haven't played a full game, but this guy isn't showing up at all on the Find Player function.
  4. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 01:13
    Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid
    Thanks, but I don't think that's the issue. I can find other people who still haven't played a full game, but this guy isn't showing up at all on the Find Player function.
    You have to make a move to be shown in the Find Player section. RamboVII hasn't made any moves yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree