1. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 07:39
    My move was in accurately recorded. When I go to analyze game it shows the correct move that I made. Not sure how to fix. Not the first time this has happened.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 08:56
    Originally posted by Ggreg
    My move was in accurately recorded. When I go to analyze game it shows the correct move that I made. Not sure how to fix. Not the first time this has happened.
    HI,

could you link the game in question?

[ gid ]###[ /gid ] would be the syntax, removing the spaces in the brackets and giving the number where the ### stands.
  3. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 19:37
    This is the game #10542719 if that helps?

Thx
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 20:221 edit
    Game 10542719

So the point was that the record is not what was played? So at what point was the record false and at what point it was correct again?
  5. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 00:55
    I moved my pawn to h5. When I went back to the game my pawn that I moved to h5 was gone and my opponent pawn had moved to h6. Have not made a move since then.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 01:24
    I moved my pawn to h5. When I went back to the game my pawn that I moved to h5 was gone and my opponent pawn had moved to h6. Have not made a move since then.
    It is called En Passant.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 01:39
    In checking your game history and playing through the last couple of moves it looks like everything is correct.

You moved your pawn from h7 to h5, and your opponent legally captured that pawn "en passant", which leaves his pawn on h6. Nothing there is inaccurate or incorrect. You should review the "en passant" rule.

We don't usually discuss a game that is still in progress but I don't think my comments above violate that principle in any major way. My comment has no bearing on what has already taken place in this game other than to describe the last moves and also does not offer any comments or suggestions on any future moves by either player.
  8. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 02:44
    Thank you for the education. I was not aware of any such rule. Upon looking it up I now understand. Thx
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:50
    Here's some history on the move:

The en passant capture rule was added in the 15th century when the rule that gave pawns an initial double-step move was introduced. It prevents a pawn from using the two-square advance to pass an adjacent enemy pawn without the risk of being captured.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree