Move list.

Standard memberVarg
Help 08 Feb '03 22:16
  1. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    08 Feb '03 22:161 edit
    Just a quick Q: Is there any way of exporting the move list of a game in either a text or other format (algebraic notation)?
    It might be good if all the moves appear on the page after they are made.
  2. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    08 Feb '03 23:551 edit
    Good idea. It would be nice to have a copy and pastable list of moves on the website somewhere. Getting them via email is a little cumbersome.
  3. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Feb '03 10:11
    🙂 yes right, mailing the games is good, but an online availible fen-text would be great.

I think the part of this site which is not so good is the history part: when you play chess in the net (or in general on your PC) it is easy to replay games, to analyse them... and the support for this is here at RHP not very very good. (I already mentioned some ideas to improve)
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    09 Feb '03 11:51
    I believe you can email yourself a copy of any of your games, and when you look at the message, it will be in the form of a .txt file.

You can copy this from the e-mail and save it as either a .txt file, or rename it to a .pgn file.

I haven't done this for a while, but I'm sure that's how it used to work. You could get several of your games at one time, as well.

regards, Marc
  5. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Feb '03 20:47
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I believe you can email yourself a copy of any of your games, and when you look at the message, it will be in the form of a .txt file.

You can copy this from the e-mail and save it as either a .txt file, or rename it to a .pgn file.

I haven't done this for a while, but I'm sure that's how it used to work. You could get several of your games at one time, as well.

regards, Marc
    That's correct-- but it would be nice if the move list were available somewhere on the RHP web page. And it would be especially nice if that move list were available for the games of others, as well as your own.

6. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    09 Feb '03 21:41
    Thanks for that info. I didn't know you could e-mail the games. Now I just have to figure out Winboard and I've got myself a database 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree