Mozilla!

Standard memberArimus
Help 26 Jan '03 06:59
  1. Joined
    06 Jul '01
    Moves
    26 Jan '03 06:59
    I noticed that Red Hot Pawn has been tested against the latest versions of IE...Netscape (which is 7.01) and Opera. Just for reference I usually use the latest version of Mozilla (1.2.1). It works great too. Just in case there are any of you who are wondering what Mozilla is...the newest version of Netscape is built on the Mozilla engine. Mozilla, is however, in my opinion a much better browser.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Jan '03 15:06
    Originally posted by Arimus
    I noticed that Red Hot Pawn has been tested against the latest versions of IE...Netscape (which is 7.01) and Opera. Just for reference I usually use the latest version of Mozilla (1.2.1). It works great too. Just in case there are any of you who are wondering what Mozilla is...the newest version of Netscape is built on the Mozilla engine. Mozilla, is however, in my opinion a much better browser.
    Arimus,

Thanks for your posting - I had promised in the past I would add Mozilla to the list, so I will make an effort to do that soon.

-Russ (The man with many browsers intalled on his pc 😉 )
  3. Joined
    13 Nov '02
    Moves
    26 Jan '03 21:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    26 Jan '03 22:01
    Chippo! I removed your post because it contained a naughty word. There was nothing wrong with the post, except for that one word and unfortunately moderators can't just edit out single words, we have to remove the whole post, even allowing for those who call themselves such quality things as chiphead!!!!

Here is your post again, with the word removed:

Posted by Chippo about 3 minutes ago:-

Omigaad! What's happened?

I've always used Mozilla on RHP with great success. The only problem to date has been declining draw offers (possibly accepting them too could have been a drag). Of late I've been working around it by keeping a copy of netscape-navigator-4.75, just for this specific purpose.

However, tonight, between playing opponents, the whole damn board changed! Instead of having radio dialogs to select which piece should move to where, the squares change colour, and the pieces MOVE! Cool! I guess that this is how it's looked under IExploder for some time now :-(

Anyway, I suspect (Russ) that declining draws will also work now.

Cheers,
    chiphead
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jan '03 00:031 edit
    Originally posted by Chippo
    However, tonight, between playing opponents, the whole damn board changed! Instead of having radio dialogs to select which piece should move to where, the squares change colour, and the pieces MOVE! Cool! I guess that this is how it's looked under IExploder for some time now :-(
    Correct!

Congratulations for persevering with the old interface all this time without even knowing it! 😉

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree