1. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    25 Apr '03 21:38
    is it currently possible to be logged on at more than one location. this is a security flaw if so.
  2. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    26 Apr '03 08:31
    Originally posted by Jeoin
    is it currently possible to be logged on at more than one location. this is a security flaw if so.
    Perhaps this is a security pb, but anyway this should not be the case: Every human beeing should have only ONE identity here at RHP...
    th
  3. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    26 Apr '03 16:23
    i am just trying to make a helpful suggestion. It seems that i can log on at one machine and if I forget to log out anyone that comes along and hits the site will be logged on as me. this isn't a good thing.
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    26 Apr '03 18:57
    Originally posted by Jeoin
    i am just trying to make a helpful suggestion. It seems that i can log on at one machine and if I forget to log out anyone that comes along and hits the site will be logged on as me. this isn't a good thing.
    right!
    but tell me any other computer-login-system which does not work like that: you come, log in, work, log out, go away. if you forget to log out: :'( trouble. the other solution would be: make every single move with a password request...
    I think the system is quite good.
    th
  5. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 03:31
    my example would be MSN. I am particulary fond of the fact that i can log on say at home to msn messenger. Well If someone else is logged on when i do this I am disconnected at all other locations and a messege is sent to them stating that they have been logged out because I had logged on at another location. This is what I suggest. The reason I think it is important is because it prevents someone getting complete access to my account and thus fraudulently claiming to have had events occur which affected his standing as a player and customer. I also realize that a good idea is just a good idea, and can either be used or not. It is impossible for me to believe that something this simple can not be done that I wish i knew how to do it. I am sure that you can write a PHP script that checks the system time and logs activity through a particular site. Or even more simply to have a service on the linux server that monitors periodically the headers of packets that are changing a users settings, and making sure they are equal. If they are not the service disconnects the older one. 😵
  6. Joined
    13 Feb '03
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 03:33
    or is this just a setting I need to tweak

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree