1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    02 Oct '03 12:08
    see http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=6946

Seems that people are (quite rightly) being annoyed by some silly behaviour amoust the 100+ game players

So a suggestion: add a new option in the 'My Challenges' section to automatically refuse games from opponents currently playing more than <user enterd value> games.

Personally, I won't use it: some of the players playing 100's of games are fun players and I'd hate to miss them, but for those who want to avoid being 'stung', it would be quick and easy.
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    02 Oct '03 12:21
    Originally posted by Toe

Seems that people are (quite rightly) being annoyed by some silly behaviour amoust the 100+ game players

So a suggestion: add a new option in the 'My Challenges' section to automatically refuse games from opponents currently playing more than <user enterd value> games.

Personally, I won't us ...[text shortened]... hate to miss them, but for those who want to avoid being 'stung', it would be quick and easy.
    Problem is that you get stung by a player whose number of games has dropped dramatically because they've suffered multiple time outs. You don't normally get 'stung' by playing someone who has lots of games on the go - you actually gain points if you time them out.

The most useful thing would be an extra statistic - Number of defeats due to timeouts. Perhaps this could be shown as a percentage? An unusually high figure would at least ring some alarm bells. A player, could of course have been timed out through circumstances, illness etc but even these people probably wouldn't have anything like the sort of percentage as the 'problem' players.

Andrew
  3. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    02 Oct '03 15:01
    I don't want to discriminate against high volume players, because most are legit and don't disappear leaving behind hundreds of games periodically.

This is why I liked the idea of TO losses &amp; wins being shown as blue lines on the player stat graph in the profile. This way any blocks of blue on a downward slope would point out such an event.
    It would save having to click on several games to see if short dips were due to a series of losses or being TO'd in many games due to a brief absence, which I do sometimes to see why a player dropped a bit. People have said that you can see this by searching their public games, but not if it was 150 games ago.
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    03 Oct '03 10:19
    Originally posted by Toe

Personally, I won't us ...[text shortened]... hate to miss them, but for those who want to avoid being 'stung', it would be quick and easy.
    I know what you mean, but sometimes with the tourneys your game jump sky high as i`ve just found out, 38 to 119 oops. But that will soon drop again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree