1. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '03 11:12
    ...seasonal greetings to you and Mrs. Russ. I thank you and the RHP team for all the effort and work that has truly metamorphisised RHP into what it is now - namely, a player focused site that is able to cater for all levels of skill and experience.

Some minor issues: When I play from a networked PC the 'message your opponent' script font and colour are, when read, small and black as opposed to red and large as is still viewed on the server PC. This only changed after the new format was introduced.

You will be aware of my game load and I do chat to my opponents via the 'message' panel but the prob is when I return to the game I have forgotten the thread and the response is often ambigious. Is it at all possible to retain the previous 'reply' in the panel so as to preserve the continuity of the dialogue.?

This final one is a little embarassing. The 'my tournaments' page does not include a link to a second page and I have to go to 'All Tournaments' to view all my tourney games. heh heh. There's a message here but I'm deliberately ignoring it.

BR's as always the skeeter

2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    29 Dec '03 11:21
    Originally posted by skeeter
    You will be aware of my game load and I do chat to my opponents via the 'message' panel but the prob is when I return to the game I have forgotten the thread and the response is often ambigious. Is it at all possible to retain the previous 'reply' in the panel so as to preserve the continuity of the dialogue.?
    This is how things used to work but many of us suggested that we didn't like having the message displayed immediately on the screen. So a 'Message Log' link was added to every game... just click it and you will see every message ever sent and received in that game 🙂

Andrew
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '03 11:38
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    This is how things used to work but many of us suggested that we didn't like having the message displayed immediately on the screen. So a 'Message Log' link was added to every game... just click it and you will see every message ever sent and received in that game 🙂

Andrew
    How did I not see that link!? A thousand thanks Andrew, and seasonals to you and RH Ted.

VBR's Michelle
  4. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    29 Dec '03 12:04
    Originally posted by skeeter
    How did I not see that link!? A thousand thanks Andrew, and seasonals to you and RH Ted.

VBR's Michelle
    Likewise 🙂 Actually you're not the only one who has missed this... perhps Russ needs to put some mention of it in a relevant place near to the message box or move the link itself?

Andrew
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '03 12:21
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    Likewise 🙂 Actually you're not the only one who has missed this... perhps Russ needs to put some mention of it in a relevant place near to the message box or move the link itself?

Andrew
    That is a good idea. Most site users are probably running laptops and/ or >17" monitors and they will need to scroll to view the board and the 'captured' panel

Then the 'blue' task bar, which contains the 'message log' link, is lost from view . Russ might consider moving the 'message log' link to directly under the ' message your opponent' link in the main body.

BR's M

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree