1. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 14:255 edits
    Originally posted by ChessKonda
    I mistakenly type CheesKonda instead of Chesskonda while registering. It looks odd. Can it be corrected, please??
    Thanx admins and mods.
    How do I change my user name?

Unfortunately this is not possible. For consistency and to prevent confusion for other users, the registered name must remain as it was entered when you signed up. Subscribers can request that their name be modified to correct spelling and capitalisation.

You have to subscribe first and you only get asked once to do it.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 15:37
    Originally posted by Dutch Defense

Unfortunately this is not possible. For consistency and to prevent confusion for other users, the registered name must remain as it was entered when you signed up. Subscribers can request that their name be modified to correct spelling and capitalisation.

This policy is a direct encouragement to non-subscribers to simply discard one account and start a fresh one. 😠
  3. The sky
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 15:45

Then how did ChessKonda manage to get the name changed? 🙄
  4. San Diego
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 15:55
    Originally posted by ChessKonda
    I mistakenly type CheesKonda instead of Chesskonda while registering. It looks odd. Can it be corrected, please??
    Thanx admins and mods.
    I notice that the spelling got fixed but not the capitalization.
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 16:231 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    This policy is a direct encouragement to non-subscribers to simply discard one account and start a fresh one. 😠
    If you make a second account, you'll get banned. If you get banned and create a new account, you'll end up like User 97934, User 375689, which both got banned because they were the same user. User 376143, User 376174, User 376570 or User 377591 are all accounts created by the same user after he got banned the first time.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 16:552 edits
    If you make a second account, you'll get banned. If you get banned and create a new account, you'll end up like......etc etc
    Not necessarily.

1st off - it's allowed in certain circumstances. [I know a few members who have legitimately made a second account - with approval from the admins]
    2nd off - they would have to be caught "at it" - not as simple as it may seem.
  7. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 16:58
    Not necessarily.

1st off - it's allowed in certain circumstances. [I know a few members who have legitimately made a second account - with approval from the admins]
    Fine, but if you get banned, don't come crying to me.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 17:02
    Fine, but if you get banned, don't come crying to me.
    Why would I get banned? For pointing out the possibilities? 🙄
  9. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 17:18
    Why would I get banned? For pointing out the possibilities? 🙄
    3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

(a) You will not create more than one account.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 17:21
    3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS

In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

(a) You will not create more than one account.
    What makes you think that Dr Strangelove plans to start (or already has) another account? 😕
  11. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What makes you think that Dr Strangelove plans to start (or already has) another account? 😕
    I'm not accusing anyone of planning to make a second account. 😉
  12. Joined
    24 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 19:51
    I haven't thought about the new username, but I want to change my present one without having to lose my ranking, and position. I want my cake, and eat it to.....
  13. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 01:11
    Originally posted by diabalo 2
    I haven't thought about the new username, but I want to change my present one without having to lose my ranking, and position. I want my cake, and eat it to.....
    I want my skittles. 😉
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 08:39
    Originally posted by diabalo 2
    I can't believe a non-sub with 20 rated games played in a whole year is concerned about his rating and position !!! 😛
  15. Earth
    Moves
    04 Aug '07 20:39
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I can't believe a non-sub with 20 rated games played in a whole year is concerned about his rating and position !!! 😛
    Meeaaooww 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree