1. Joined
    26 Dec '10
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 04:35
    I'm new to the site and just joined my first tournament...logged on next day and found about 20 games waiting...1 day timeout...saw a warning that said your number of games would increase but I had no idea how much and couldn't find detailed info...am I expected to play all games concurrently? Name of tourn is split zero or close to that...a little help, please?...Thx...Chol4EC
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 07:16
    In the first tournament page - the one where you add your name to the list - it shows "group size". Number of concurrent games is equal to (group size minus one) times 2. You happened to pick a tourney with a very large group size. You only have these alternatives: resign immediately, no effect on ratings but they may/will count in your win/loss ratio; let them time out (will affect ratings if you've made more than two moves) which will affect your rating; or make at least one move per day in each game and take it on the chin. Good luck!
  3. Joined
    18 Mar '10
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 08:07
    If you look at 'Help' 'Tournaments' you can find out about the different types of tournament and pick one thats more suitable next time. Since most of your games are over 2 moves old your rating will drop if you resign them.
    If you stick with the games the pressure will ease as games finish.
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 11:57
    Originally posted by lundybishop
    If you look at 'Help' 'Tournaments'
    Help : tourn
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '11 12:31
    You have 26 games in progress, which is not too bad except for the large number of 1-0's. Don't add any more games until the tournament load starts to drop as games finish, but even at 1-0 that may be several weeks. Now stop posting and get to moving! 🙂
  6. Joined
    26 Dec '10
    Moves
    20 Jan '11 00:19
    Thx to all for help/advice!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree