1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 14:31
    I'm having a problem with the new 'recently made a move' dot. I have selected to deactivate it in 'my home, ...settings', but it is still there. It does go away after a while, until I make another move, but I am unable to completely get rid of it. (Even after completely shutting down and rebooting.)

While on the new bells and whistles subject, I also do not see any way to get rid of the 'move profile icon' that shows up on my profile page. I am able to modify it to different selections, but there isn't any way to just have it go away.

I prefer to leave some of these new icons turned off if possible.

regards, Marc
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 18:09
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I'm having a problem with the new 'recently made a move' dot. I have selected to deactivate it in 'my home, ...settings', but it is still there. It does go away after a while, until I make another move, but I am unable to completely get rid of it. (Even after completely shutting down and rebooting.)

While on the new bells and whistles subject, I a ...[text shortened]... t go away.

regards, Marc
    I'm having a problem that looks like that so I'll post it in here, when you remove your games limit, it goes back to your last one (or a different number), the only option to remove it is to raise it high...(in that way you still have the limit, but it will not bother you)

Olav
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 18:10

While on the new bells and whistles subject, I a ...[text shortened]... t go away.

regards, Marc
    The move made dot problem. That is a bug. I will take a look.

And I assumed people wouldn't want to turn off their move frequency option. But I will add an option to remove that too if you like.

-Russ
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 18:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    The move made dot problem. That is a bug. I will take a look.

And I assumed people wouldn't want to turn off their move frequency option. But I will add an option to remove that too if you like.

-Russ
    These aren't all that serious, Russ. I just wanted to mention them in case you didn't already know about them.

Marc
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 20:161 edit
    These aren't all that serious, Russ. I just wanted to mention them in case you didn't already know about them.

Marc
    I can see your dot right now... as of this post's date and time.

EDIT:

Living Legend and my dot are bigger also... your dot is small.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 20:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I can see your dot right now... as of this post's date and time.

[b]EDIT:

Living Legend and my dot are bigger also... your dot is small.[/b]
    I think you're seeing the 'original pawn star' thing that was added to the 'winged pawn star', since I haven't moved in a few hours.

Marc
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 21:02
    I'm coding out that 'original pawn star dot' as this is gettting too confusing for all. It was a bad idea to put that in in the first place.

As from about in 2 hours time, the only dot will be a green dot, which will be for site activity, which means that someone is moving.

-Russ
  8. London
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 22:01
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'm coding out that 'original pawn star dot' as this is gettting too confusing for all. It was a bad idea to put that in in the first place.
    Maybe you could give the 'original pawn stars' spiffier wings (perhaps an extra, slightly smaller pair below the first.) Otherwise you'll lose the incentive for those original stars to buy their wings.

By the way, shouldn't you be mentioning some of these new features in the Site Announcements forum?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jul '03 23:09
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    By the way, shouldn't you be mentioning some of these new features in the Site Announcements forum?
    Probably, but this is all pretty trivial stuff.

Where it should be mentioned is in an updated FAQ/help file. Which I really will do quite soon.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree