1. Standard memberPardis911
    Pawns: ...aaadvance!
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 06:35
    Hi guys,

I am very new to RHP and have not yet been challenged to a game by anybody, so sorry if this is a silly question.

What I wanted to know is if somebody challenges me to a new game and they happen to be white so they make their move immediately my clock starts ticking down right? What happens if my time runs out before I have had a chance to log back into RHP to play games? ... can my opponent claim timeout against me with just the single move made on their part? ... will I lose points for this?

The reason I'm concerned about this is that sometimes I am away from RHP for 2 days, and if someone starts a 1 day timeout game with no time bank against me, I will time out before I even get to see the new game!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 08:572 edits
    Originally posted by Pardis911
    Hi guys,

I am very new to RHP and have not yet been challenged to a game by anybody, so sorry if this is a silly question.

What I wanted to know is if somebody challenges me to a new game and they happen to be white so they make their move immediately my clock starts ticking down right? What happens if my time runs out before I have had a chance to l meout game with no time bank against me, I will time out before I even get to see the new game!
    Every game is unrated until the 2nd move. Your rating will be not be changed.
    But what about your win/loss statistics? I don't know. In the long run it doesn't matter though.

Welcome to RHP, I hope you'll enjoy your membership!
  3. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 13:44
    If you go to My Settings > My Challenge Settings, you can fill in a box called "Minimum timeout".

If you set this to, say, 3, then no-one will be able to challenge you to a 1-day game unless you have previously added them to your "buddy list".
  4. Standard memberPardis911
    Pawns: ...aaadvance!
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 15:51
    thanks for your help guys.

Upon further reading of the help FAQs I got the definitive answer... RHP just treats the game as having been deleted if either player times out before 3 moves are made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree