Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    23 Feb '03 16:58 / 1 edit
    Russ / Chris

Thanks for the new features... I'm off to see if I'v missed any.

Two problems I've encountered in these first five minutes 😉
    My status says sorry Rhymester you have no games waiting even though I actually have eight games waiting. Also the last post times have disappeared in the forum lists.

Rhymester
  2. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    23 Feb '03 17:01 / 1 edit
    so far as I've seen: very cool... 😀 😀 😀
    thanks and keep on...
    thomas
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Feb '03 17:42
    Rhymester,

I was tracking a thread in the general forum, so both of these came to my attention and have now been fixed.

Now to get to work on clans, votes, etc.... (it never ends)

-Russ
  4. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    24 Feb '03 18:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Rhymester,

I was tracking a thread in the general forum, so both of these came to my attention and have now been fixed.

Now to get to work on clans, votes, etc.... (it never ends)

-Russ
    i don't see how it is possible for someone like you to have a life outside RHP! always working on the site, work work work 🙂
  5. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    24 Feb '03 19:16
    Originally posted by zach918
    i don't see how it is possible for someone like you to have a life outside RHP! always working on the site, work work work 🙂
    I don't see how it is possible for someone like you, Zach, to have a life outside RHP! always posting on the site, spam spam spam🙂[/
  6. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    24 Feb '03 19:43
    i worded that wrong, i didn't mean for it to sound rude...what i meant to say was: how does someone like you find time out of life to work on RHP! and then when i said "always working on the site, work work work" i meant it as a compliment (come to think of it, it sounds more like an insult) 🙄 i'm going to shut up now 😛
  7. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    24 Feb '03 21:25
    when I'm looking at a game history the "My home" 'n' stuff does not work. I run Win98 and IE 5.0
  8. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    25 Feb '03 03:44
    Well I run IE5.5 and the site doesn't work properly for me.
    But then it does say compatible with the latest versions, etc, on the front page.
    Some common problems are:
    1. Occasionally the 'Move' button and others don't load, meaning I can't move.
    2. The last one or two games in my games list never appear.
    If I use Netscape 4.75 I can't message my opponents and to move the pieces there is a small circular button under each piece which clutters up the board.
    Sigh, I need to upgrade my browsers but my connection speed is to slow
  9. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    25 Feb '03 10:56
    Originally posted by Varg
    If I use Netscape 4.75 I can't message my opponents and to move the pieces there is a small circular button under each piece which clutters up the board.
    Sigh, I need to upgrade my browsers but my connection speed is to slow
    read this:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=3952
  10. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    25 Feb '03 12:36 / 1 edit
    i worded that wrong, i didn't mean for it to sound rude...what i meant to say was: how does someone like you find time out of life to work on RHP! and then when i said "always working on the site, work work work" i meant it as a complime ...[text shortened]... it, it sounds more like an insult) 🙄 i'm going to shut up now 😛
    It didn't sound rude at all - so don't worry.

I have been sucked in to working on the site in the last 6 months to the point that most of my spare evenings I do work on it. But it is an investment of my time - one day the site may become REALLY big, you never know. It doesn’t really matter, as long as subs are picking up the increasing costs, then I'm content that I have a appreciative audience for my creative output. (In the same way an artist would, I assume. Not that I am saying I am an artist, you understand).

I have to find time to get married this April too. I never have a slow moment in my life, believe me. 😕

-Russ
  11. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    25 Feb '03 17:17
    It didn't sound rude at all - so don't worry.

I have been sucked in to working on the site in the last 6 months to the point that most of my spare evenings I do work on it. But it is an investment of my time - one day the site may become REALLY big, you never know. It doesn’t really matter, as long as subs are picking up the increasing costs, then ...[text shortened]... t married this April too. I have never have a slow moment in my life, believe me. 😕

-Russ
    Congratulation for you marriage! 🙂
    Your (future) wife can be happy... 😉

what is "REALLY big"? I find it already really big!! a super site here. The place where I spend most of my online-time! 😏
    th
  12. Donation ChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    25 Feb '03 22:00
    I have to find time to get married this April too. I never have a slow moment in my life, believe me. 😕

-Russ
    Congrats on the Marriage!!! 😀

By the way, I never have a slow moment either. The way I figure it, I'll have plenty when I'm dead and besides, it keeps me out of trouble. 🙄

Keep up the GREAT work!

Bryan
  13. Standard member zach918
    Banned
    26 Feb '03 14:02 / 1 edit
    this is one of the few websites that i go to every time i turn on my computer
  14. Standard member schweigi
    Member of Gonzo Clan
    26 Feb '03 14:07
    nice to let us now zach
  15. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    26 Feb '03 15:48
    I like the "My Home" page: it loads quick and it provides the info I need (games wainting...)
    th