1. Joined
    10 Mar '03
    Moves
    08 Apr '03 21:15
    So are rating calculated from your ratings when you started the game, or are they calculated at from your rating when you finish your game?

Thanks
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    08 Apr '03 21:25
    Originally posted by BattleAngel
    So are rating calculated from your ratings when you started the game, or are they calculated at from your rating when you finish your game?

Thanks
    At the end 🙂
  3. Joined
    10 Mar '03
    Moves
    08 Apr '03 21:39
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    At the end 🙂
    So I can affect my final rating and the ratings of my opponents just by timing the order in which I end my concurrent games? 😀
  4. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    09 Apr '03 11:37
    Originally posted by BattleAngel
    So I can affect my final rating and the ratings of my opponents just by timing the order in which I end my concurrent games? 😀
    If you want to gain a couple of extra points, yes it would be advantagous to resign a losing game just before winning a different game. You could even prolong a game if you suspect that your opponents rating is going to go up, & lose less for a loss & win more for a win.
    But is it really that important? Anyway, it's the same for everyone - swings & roundabouts...
  5. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    09 Apr '03 15:33
    Jon,

I have a couple opponents doing that. They are NOT pawn stars so I guess it's my fault for playing the CHEATING [CENSORED] 🙂

Amici Sumus

Feivel
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Apr '03 17:12
    It's a very often discussed topic here, but I give it a try!

I think to unse the ratings at the begining is fairer (transparencey). What do you think?
    th
  7. Joined
    10 Mar '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '03 15:22
    I'd have to agree, ratings based on beginning rating sound more fair.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree