1. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 16:47
    I registered on uchess. When I login the next screen says I'm logged in the upper right hand corner and contains an empty tan rectangle. I would have posted this over in the uchess help forum but when I move to the forums uchess forgets that I'm registered and logged in.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 16:54
    Originally posted by mathemos
    I registered on uchess. When I login the next screen says I'm logged in the upper right hand corner and contains an empty tan rectangle. I would have posted this over in the uchess help forum but when I move to the forums uchess forgets that I'm registered and logged in.
    Interesting that you can log on here and not uChess, as the mechanism for logging in is near to identical on both...

Can you go to uChess and send some feedback after 'logging in'. (Don’t worry if you are logged out again when you click the feedback link).

And then can you do the same here too. That will give me something to go on.

Thanks,

-Russ
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 17:13
    Originally posted by mathemos
    Are you using ZoneAlarm as a firewall?
  4. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    03 Jul '04 20:302 edits
    Originally posted by T1000
    Are you using ZoneAlarm as a firewall?
    The Zone Labs Integrity Client is installed and is configured to start up when a user logs into WinXP Pro. From the readme it looks as if the Integrity Client supercedes Zone Alarm as well as performing other functions.

Running from an account without admin privileges I selected "Shut down Zone Labs Integrity Flex" (ZLIF) in the tool tray and got the message:
    "You may close [ZLIF], but you do not have access privileges to shut down the TrueVector Internet monitor. If you proceed, Internet access rules will still be in force, even without [ZLIF],. Are your sure you want to quit?"
    I said yes but it didn't help.

Oddly, I can login from a family member's PC also running XP Pro and ZLIF, and ZLIF works fine on my PC with RHP.
  5. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 06:00
    From the system administrator account on my PC, which runs XP Pro, when I login to uchess I get the playing screen, whether or not I have Zone Lab Integrity Flex running.

But when I tried it from my user account it still didn't work
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 08:49
    You can't close down a pogram that you installed yourself?!? 😕

O.
  7. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    04 Jul '04 16:44
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    You can't close down a pogram that you installed yourself?!? 😕

O.
    I can close the program if I'm logged in with administrative privileges but I don't believe it's good practice to _use_ a PC logged in that way, at least if others have accounts on the same system, which is the case for the computer I use for RHP.

I don't mind living more dangerously on a Windows PC that has just my own files, but under Unix it's too risky to use a computer as "root." Too many chances to shoot oneself in the foot. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree