1. Houston
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 11:19
    <http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=6012> has details of a next game idea that should have been posted to this forum versus the general forum.
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 11:57
    there's 2 suggestions here

1) when you "go to next game waiting" you go to the game with the least time remaining before timeout instead of the game that's been waiting the longest. - this could improve somethings, but could also mean that you have to wait 11 days to get to a 14 day TO game if you also had a 3 day timout games running, because they'd perminantly have less time remaining.

2) to have a "go to 'my games' screen" option beside the "go to next game waiting" option. (clearly a briliant suggestion - credit to the genius who origionally posted it 😉)
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 13:45
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    there's 2 suggestions here

1) when you "go to next game waiting" you go to the game with the least time remaining before timeout instead of the game that's been waiting the longest. - this could improve somethings, but could also mean that you have to wait 11 days to get to a 14 day TO game if you also had a 3 day timout games running, because t ...[text shortened]... g" option. (clearly a briliant suggestion - credit to the genius who origionally posted it 😉)
    Ok, some good ideas there.

I have read the 'general' thread too.

I should be able to do all of these things.

-Russ
  4. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 14:28
    I still like my idea of having a check box for each game shown in the My Games screen that you can use to select games to skip over. This will allow you to pre select the games you want to skip while cycling through your games.

This does 2 things. 1. If you have some serious games that you want to move less often in you may select them to skip and then play all day in the other games. 2. If there is some way to see if you are Black or White you can select one color to skip and then play out all of your games as White or Black at once.

This would be great for people who have slow connections and have to continuously skip over games that they want to wait to make a move in.
  5. St. John's
    Moves
    04 Aug '03 14:56

I still like my idea of having a check box for each game shown in the My Games screen that you can use to select games to skip over. This will allow you to pre select the games you want to skip while cycling through your games.

This does 2 things. 1. If you have some serious games that you want to move less often in you may select them to skip and then play all day in the other games.
    ...[text shortened]... w connections and have to continuously skip over games that they want to wait to make a move in.
    Absolutely !!!! I spent most of my chess time this weekend skipping through games that required much more thought before I moved. I have a slow connection and being able to bypass these games would be a real bonus!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree