1. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 02:20
    hello, all!

i'm not receiving e-mail notifications when my opponents move. i was for several games, but now i'm not. i gather rhp has recently upgraded their server, which blocked my access to the site for a couple of days. anyway, after i finally could access the site, that's when my current troubles started. i updated my profile, which already had my correct e-dress, but it did no good.

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks for your help!

challenge me (taumcat) if you will...bring it!

play on...

taumas
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    28 Jan '04 02:37
    Have you checked under "My Settings" -> "My Site Settings" that " Receive email move notifications for your opponents' moves?" is checked?

-Jarno
  3. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 07:24
    thanks, but it is checked!!??!!??
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '04 08:02
    Originally posted by taumcat
    thanks, but it is checked!!??!!??
    Hey taumcat, lighten up. (!!??!!??) is not called for. Jarno was just offering some friendly advise.

Also, whilst the server/host changes were being implemented no one was denied access save for a few hours and that tells me you have other issues.

RHP e-mail notification is a default setting. If you are not getting them then it is because you have a setting in your browser options that precludes it. Simply put, it is your problem and not RHP's and winding up members who do offer help will hardly elicitate any more.

the skeeter
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '03
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 05:18
    hey, no offense was intended. did you happen to notice the first word, "thanks"? the exclamations and question marks were a cartoonish attempt to convey befuddlement. and you're correct, the problem was on my end.

by-the-way, "elicitate"?? nice word!? so, now that we've insulted each others honor, care to settle this on the board?
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 06:22
    Originally posted by taumcat
    hey, no offense was intended. did you happen to notice the first word, "thanks"? the exclamations and question marks were a cartoonish attempt to convey befuddlement. and you're correct, the problem was on my end.

by-the-way, "elicitate"?? nice word!? so, now that we've insulted each others honor, care to settle this on the board?
    Not neccessary. I tend to get a bit titchy ( no pun intended ) at this time of the month and then over react to some perfectly innocuous post. My apologies and I'm pleased that you have solved the e-mail notification problem.
    Glad you liked 'elicitate' What did you think of 'innocuous'?

BR's skeeter
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 15:14
    Russ, is it possilbe to include (if s.o. wishes this) the actual FEN in the email? or does it cause too much servertraffic?
    th
  8. Moving on...
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 17:03
    i've always received e.mail notifications but over the last few days these have stopped. it's not a problem but i just thought i would mention it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree