1. Joined
    08 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 08:58
    Hi,

I may be blind, but were is the Login to use TimeForChess.com instead of ChessAtWork.com?
  2. Joined
    08 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 13:25
    found it... 😳

One has to tell the Firefox add-on NoScript to allow scripting for this domain...

PS:
    I'm not quite happy, that even the login field requires JavaScript. What need is there for that?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 16:41
    Originally posted by Ereglam
    found it... 😳

One has to tell the Firefox add-on NoScript to allow scripting for this domain...

PS:
    I'm not quite happy, that even the login field requires JavaScript. What need is there for that?
    This site, as with most modern sites, require plenty of client side scripting. And this will continue to be the case as the site moves forward.

Unfortunately, unless you would like to use a retro '96 style interface, this is unavoidable.
  4. Joined
    08 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 19:22
    Hi Russ,

thanks for your answer.

Well, I do like this site and fully see the requirement for certain functionality to use scripting technology. And it does it's job well.

With a simple input field such as a login field and its submit button, I'm not convinced that this ought to be implemented using scripting technology. In my opinion plain HTML should do perfectly well.
    But then again the plain HTML requirements may interfere with the scripting parts.
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    10 Jan '09 08:32
    Originally posted by Ereglam
    Hi Russ,

thanks for your answer.

Well, I do like this site and fully see the requirement for certain functionality to use scripting technology. And it does it's job well.

With a simple input field such as a login field and its submit button, I'm not convinced that this ought to be implemented using scripting technology. In my opinion plain HTML shou ...[text shortened]... ctly well.
    But then again the plain HTML requirements may interfere with the scripting parts.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/core/login.php

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree