1. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 18:34
    How feasible would it be to put next to the names of the clan members in Clan home page or even clan members info page how many clan games they are currently participating in. This would give me and other clan leaders an at a glance look at who and how many of there clan are currently on clan duty. The availabilty info is great but does not tell you how many clan games each member is taking part in.
    At the moment I use a bit of paper which is kept at hand, where I keep a tally of currently played games. This is not the best option as I might lose it, or the dog might eat it, or I might eat it.
    Any other clan leaders got any thoughts on this.

-Robbo
  2. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 00:27
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    How feasible would it be to put next to the names of the clan members in Clan home page or even clan members info page how many clan games they are currently participating in. This would give me and other clan leaders an at a glance look at who and how many of there clan are currently on clan duty. The availabilty info is great but does not tell you how many ...[text shortened]... dog might eat it, or I might eat it.
    Any other clan leaders got any thoughts on this.

-Robbo
    I totally agree! This would save a great deal of time in clan keep, because tallying up the number of ongoing clan games for each member manually means having to open up the page of each ongoing challenge at a time, and checking the status of the games in each one. It is slightly inconvenient, and somewhat irritating because it seems like the kind of info that should be more easily available. 😞

I'd say that this is the #1 item on my improvement wish list...🙂

-Jarno
  3. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 08:17
    I have been checking the Clan Members Availability page to see this info. Although, I agree it would be useful, also it would be useful to see the players rating in the versus screen.
  4. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 09:51
    Originally posted by Exy
    I have been checking the Clan Members Availability page to see this info. Although, I agree it would be useful, also it would be useful to see the players rating in the versus screen.
    The problem is that a player might not want his self-appointed game limit to be filled up completely by clan games; they might have set their max limit slightly higher than the number of games they would actually like to play regularly, to keep themselves always open for challenges from friends, or perhaps future friends.

This is why many clans (including the HPS clan) ask their members to provide a separate maximum clan game count - the maximum number of clan games they are comfortable with playing concurently. Then that number is used by the clan leader to check for availability in challenges.

The problem of course is that "number of clan games in progress" is not an available statistic, and so the clan leader has to manually go through all the open challenges and count the games in progress in order to arive at this knowledge.

-Jarno
  5. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 13:37
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    The problem is that a player might not want his self-appointed game limit to be filled up completely by clan games; they might have set their max limit slightly higher than the number of games they would actually like to play regularly, to keep themselves always open for challenges from friends, or perhaps future friends.

This is why many clans (including ...[text shortened]... open challenges and count the games in progress in order to arive at this knowledge.

-Jarno
    This is definitely the reason I am pointing this out. I think if I had a easier and quicker way of finding out how many clan matches my members are involved with then with that info and the availability info would give me a better overall picture of which of my clan members would more than likely take part in clan matches. At the moment I work out manually how many games each member as and then approach the members with the least clan games in progress and there availabilty is high.
    Like Pyrrho says the limits an individual has set may not be a true representation, if one of my clan members is too near this limit I will not approach them to take part in a clan game.
    I just think having the availability info is great but having an added bit of indo like current clan games would make life a bit easier.

Robbo
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 15:08
    Originally posted by eyeqpc
    This is definitely the reason I am pointing this out. I think if I had a easier and quicker way of finding out how many clan matches my members are involved with then with that info and the availability info would give me a better overall picture of which of my clan members would more than likely take part in clan matches. At the moment I work out manually ho ...[text shortened]... t but having an added bit of indo like current clan games would make life a bit easier.

Robbo
    I keep a chart which lists all of our matches and who is involved in them, which I update every few days. I have recorded how many games each member wants to play in, and keep a running tally of how many games each is currently playing, so I always know who is available for more action.

But I guess it isn't realistic to expect the lesser clans to adopt the logical and rational approach that the Freethinkers have mastered. 😉
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 16:17
    I would find this very uselful, just a quick refernece to see how many clan games each member is playing.

Andrew
  8. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 17:02
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I keep a chart which lists all of our matches and who is involved in them, which I update every few days. I have recorded how many games each member wants to play in, and keep a running tally of how many games each is currently playing, so I always know who is available for more action.

But I guess it isn't realistic to expect the lesser clans to adopt the logical and rational approach that the Freethinkers have mastered. 😉
    I must not be in a lesser clan as this is exactly the same system I use, all i am saying is a way of seeing number of clan games a member is involved with at a quick glance should make things a lot easier. That even you can't deny.
    What happens if you lose your chart, you will have to go through the rigmorole of counting through the games, with a quick glance option you would not have to.
  9. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I keep a chart which lists all of our matches and who is involved in them, which I update every few days. I have recorded how many games each member wants to play in, and keep a running tally of how many games each is currently playing, so ...[text shortened]... ical and rational approach that the Freethinkers have mastered. 😉
    I too use this system (though I update my list about once a week), but this was exactly my point - it seems like unnecessary complication to have to manually go through every on-going challenge when doing the update. If only there was, in the member details, a column that had the number of clan games that member has going on this whole manual tallying would be made obsolete. I for one would not miss the counting task....

Also, when I get challenges from other clans, unless I've just updated my list, in order to be able to say whether I can find the necessary available players to meet the challenge, I need to do the tallying process first. I might not have time for that on short notice, so either I have to make time (causing inconvenience to me) or have the challenger wait for my answer a day or two. If I could see the numbers of ongoing clan games per member at a glance, I could accept or decline the challenge without any delay.

(As an important (perhaps obvious) sidenote: The statistic that we're looking for is the number of clan games of a single particular clan. So that if one of my members is also a member in other clans, the statistic I need is the number of Hardcore Pawn Stars clan games that member has going on, which may not be the same as the total number of clan games they have going on...)

-Jarno
  10. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    17 Mar '04 19:13
    Originally posted by Pyrrho
    (As an important (perhaps obvious) sidenote: The statistic that we're looking for is the number of clan games of a single particular clan. So that if one of my members is also a member in other clans, the statistic I need is the number of Hardcore Pawn Stars clan games that member has going on, which may not be the same as the total number of clan games they have going on...)

-Jarno
    I forgot about the fact that some of my clan members might be in other clans and have clan games in progress with said clans. So this statistic needs to be specific to your own clan.

Cheers for pointing that out Pyrrho, I did forget

-Robbo

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree